A Place Without You

Sometimes when I start reading a book it takes time to realize how good it is, and sometimes when I pick one up I can tell right away. That was the case with A Place Without You


"My mind wants to go there so badly because Henna isn't some girl I met at a concert, she's the girl, and every part of me knows it. When I hold her, my arms know it. I kiss her and my lips know it. When I look at her, something behind my ribs knows it."

I am NOT a fan of insta-love stories. I have let this be known many times before, and usually a book with instant love does not sit well with me, and does not rate very high in my eyes. Consider me changed, because I LOVED this one. Some of this story could have bordered on cheesy, but it was SO well written, it was so beautiful, I believed it. I felt their connection, and I actually believed that with just one look they knew in their hearts that they were meant to be. 

"Time is a weak force compared to other earthly phenomena like magnetism. Attraction doesn't give a shit about time. It wants what it wants."

When I'm finished with a book I'll get on Goodreads and look at other reviews. I like to see what people loved and what they didn't love, and see the story from another point of view. I LOVED Henna. First of all, what an amazing name. The girl was so carefree, she lived in the moment, and she loved herself. I loved that about her. I wish when I was 19 that I was like Henna. A lot of people described her as immature and spoiled, but I disagree. Her family was well off, but I didn't feel like she flaunted that. She was her own person, she loved her family, and when she met Bodhi she loved him with all of herself. Everyone that made an impact on her life she committed to fully, and she loved them fiercely. I don't find that immature or spoiled at all, but I am a big believer that no two people ever read the same book. 

"You'll forget about me. Henna fades."

"Never.." he whispers." 


"No matter where I am on this earth, I'm loving you....forever."

I loved the Bodhi also. He carried this guilt with him his whole life, and he felt like he needed to do everything in his power to make up for an accident that happened so many years ago, he completely forgot about himself. He didn't live life, he took care of his dad, and we went through the days never really living, until he met Henna. She breathed life into him, and he came alive again. She changed him in ways he never knew were possible, and the more fiercely he loved her, the more I loved his character. 

"Vital. Like that feeling would own a piece of me forever. Like that feeling would never go away. Never fade. Like my existence suddenly depended on having that feeling, like a pulse--a breath." 

The whole time I was reading all I could think was this love story is epic. These two are meant to be together, they get each other, they bring out the best in each other. I could feel that through the pages of the book. The author told an amazing story of love and finding yourself. I cried, I laughed, and I cried some more. 

"Timing guides our lives more than love. Love is just an emotion--timing is our destiny. Missed opportunities. Serendipity. Fate..it's all about timing, not love."

"It's okay," I whisper as emotions sting my eyes. "Without you, I'm already dead. She clenches her teeth. "You don't deserve me." 

"No. I don't."

One of my favorite characters in the whole book was Barrett, Bodhi's dad. He was so amazing. He was in a wheelchair, because of an accident many years ago, and he had cancer that was spreading everywhere, but you could still feel the love he had for his kids, and the love he eventually had for Henna. He connected with her through some of the pain of their pasts, and their conversations were some of my favorites in the book. She understood him in a way that no one else could.

"That's not how I love your son." 
"How do you love my son?"
My lips curl into a tiny smile. "Completely. Eternally. Honestly. But really just...beyond words."

Overall, I'm giving this book 5 HUGE STARS. I loved the writing, I loved the story, I loved the characters, and I can't believe I'm saying this, but I loved the insta love. This one is worth the read for sure, Bodhi & Henna have that epic kind of love.


"Hi. Remember me?" 

Bodhi rubs his lips together and nods slowly. 

"I'm pretty sure you're still my greatest memory."


*All graphics found through a google search.*


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Regretting You

Dismount

The Lineup