The Wrong Game

I have to let it be known that I love Kandi Steiner. She is the best. Every book I have read of hers I've loved, she seriously can do no wrong. This one took me a lot longer to get through then most, but I have had quite a bit going on. I'm on spring break from work now, so I'm going to have plenty of good reading time!



"Two season tickets. One genius idea. Zero interest in a relationship. The plan is simple: a brand new, not, preferably funny, definitely single male will fill on e of those seats for every Bears game at Soldier Field. And I'll fill the other. I can't think of a better way to use the season passes, I'd bought for my ex husband. I am a woman of plans, and this one's foolproof. Until Zach Bowen offers to be my practice round. He's infuriating. Presumptuous and overbearing. And absolutely, undeniably gorgeous. Any woman with a heartbeat would be attracted to him, and mine picks up speed every time he speaks. But as I said, I'm a woman of plans- and I'm not backing down on this one. One night. One game. And then, his time's up. He can try to change the rules, but here's the truth: he can't win if he's playing the wrong game."

"And right there, in that first-row pew, with my dead, cheating, husband's mother's hand in mine, I made one simple plan, with one simple rule. Never fall in love again. It was more than just a plan, more than just a goal. It was a promise. And it was one I vowed to keep."

Gemma has been hurt in the worst possible way. She has taken a vow to herself to never fall in love again. She and her best friend Belle make up a plan that she takes a new man to every Bear's home game of the season, have a little fun, then leave them. Everything would have worked out perfectly if it wasn't for Zach. He is stubborn, and he's found something he wants and he will literally do anything he can to make sure she changes her plans. 

I wanted to like Gemma, but she wasn't my favorite. I know she had been hurt, she had been through some pretty crazy things, but towards the end I just wanted to be like "Get it together girl!" There was a point in the story that I was just thinking that everyone has been hurt in life, that's not a reason to shut out the whole world, you still need to live. Luckily she got it together, but it was a little annoying at times!

"That was how powerful love was. It could save you, could help you live for the first time, see the world in a new way- but it could also knock you to the ground, the force so blunt you never forget the way it felt to fall. Failed love built walls, but it was our choice whether we decided to hide behind them, or sit on top of them, waiting for someone to come along who could knock them down."

While Gemma felt like a little too much at times, Zach was perfect. He was sensitive, he fought for what he wanted, and he didn't give up on Gemma even when she was being annoying as hell. "I love when you do that," he whispered. "Do what?" "Exist." He said all the right things, at the right time, even when she didn't want to hear them. He adored his family, and was just an all around top notch guy. I wish there were about a million more Zach Bowen's in the world, for those ladies looking for that special sensitive guy. 

"Our past has a funny way of becoming part of who we are in the future, and I think that's the way it's meant to be. Without the scars, without the pain, we wouldn't be able to appreciate the times when everything is magical- the days when life is absolute bliss. And trust me when I say that every day I've spent with you has been just that- magic."

This wasn't overbearing with the heat, it wasn't packed full of angst. I liked that it was just a beautiful love story. A love story about two people that had been through their fair share of pain in life, but still found a way to love again. 

Overall, I'm giving this one 4 STARS. It was a great read. A beautiful story, and it had a little bit of everything, a little bit of heat, a little bit of laughs, a little sadness, and a ALOT of love. (All the heart eyes.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Regretting You

Dismount

The Lineup