Two Can Keep A Secret..If One Is Dead


I feel like it’s been a while since I read a good mystery book. I’ve been hooked on the romance for a while now, so this was a nice change. And this was a great read! It reads like a YA book, but it still kept me on the edge of my seat and guessing until the very end.





“Echo Ridge is small-town America. Ellery’s never been there, but she’s heard all about it. Her aunt went missing there at age seventeen. And only five years ago, a homecoming queen put the town on the map when she was killed. Now Ellery has to move there to live with a grandmother she barely knows. The town is picture-perfect, but it’s hiding secrets. And before school even begins for Ellery, someone’s declared open season on homecoming, promising to make it as dangerous as it was fie years ago. Then, almost as if to prove it, another girl goes missing. Ellery knows all about secrets. Her mother has them; her grandmother does too. And the longer she’s in Echo Ridge, the clearer it becomes that everyone there is hiding something. The thing is, secrets are dangerous- and most people aren’t good at keeping them. Which is why in Echo Ridge, it’s safest to keep your secrets to yourself."



“If I believed in omens, this would be a bad one.”



Ellery and her twin brother, Ezra have moved to the small town of Echo Ridge. Their mother grew up here, and they are moving in with their grandmother. The town is infamous, given one girl, their mother’s twin sister, went missing there back when their mom was in high school, and then five years ago another girl was found dead. Ellery is a BIG fan of true crime. She is obsessed with it, so she is already itching to try and solve some of the mystery surrounding the town. When they get there, they soon find out that everyone has something to hide in Echo Ridge.



As soon as twins arrive it seems like things start to go south. They, along with their grandmother, find the body of a teacher from the high school who was apparently killed in a hit and run accident, and after they arrive, someone is already making threats about the upcoming homecoming, threatening a repeat of the murder of the homecoming queen 5 years ago. There are so many mysteries happening in this story it’s hard to keep them all straight. After the threats start, then one of the three girls nominated for homecoming court comes up missing, and it looks like it’s going to be a case of déjà vu.



“I have a really strong feeling that on Wednesdays, they wear pink.”



I discovered quickly after starting the book that I didn’t trust ANYONE. I think every character in the book was a suspect in my mind at least once. There were so many people in that town that seemed so shady, it was hard to tell who really was shady, and who was just trying to keep secrets. And this town had SO many secrets. This review is kind of vague, because I don’t want to give anything away, and I’m trying not to go into too much detail, because I don’t want to ruin the book. I will say that every question you have during the book does get answered. Nothing is left unturned. 


Overall, I’m giving this one a solid 4 STARS. I really enjoyed it. It kept me intrigued, it had me on the edge of my seat, and it kept me guessing the whole way through. I was certainly surprised when I found out how it all ended, but I was also happy that there weren’t any unanswered questions. This is great book. It was easy to read, fun to try and solve the mystery, and I love a book that isn’t easy to figure out within the first couple chapters. I definitely recommend this one if you enjoy these kinds of books.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Regretting You

Dismount

The Lineup