The Marriage Effect (Washington Wolves, #3)

I was hesitant to start this one. A lot of times when I see a book getting so much love online it feels like I don't enjoy it as much as everyone else did, but that was definitely not the case with this one. I loved it! This was my first book by Karla Sorensen, and I didn't realize that it was part of a series until I had already started it. It's not your typical series though, these do not have to be read in order, but it helps you get to know the characters better. I definitely plan to go back and read the books before this one though!



"Logan Ward doesn't want any more women in his life. Being a football player and legal guardian to his four younger sisters means his playbook is full. However, one of them just landed in the hospital, which gives his brother the shot he needs to challenge Logan for custody. Legal counsel says there's only one thing Logan can do- find himself a wife. Paige McKinney doesn't always think things through. Like walking away from her modeling career without a thought of what might come next. She really doesn't think it through when she proclaims herself Logan's fiancé at the hospital, simply because the sexy- albeit grumpy- football player forgot his cell phone at a party and security won't let her pass. It's not her fault it was overheard by the worst possible person. A bargain is struck, and a fake marriage is the perfect solution. But the simple solution creates a whole new problem: they're not as different as they see. The reluctant groom as a fire inside him, and his impetuous bride is about to light the match."

Paige has found herself in an impossible situation, and unbeknownst to her Logan has also found himself in a similar situation. Fate finds the two of them together, with the perfect plan, a marriage of convivence. I always find these stories so entertaining. I love it when people don't know each other, find themselves married, and then have to get to know each other. These two were perfect, their opposite personalities actually made them mesh even better together. While Paige was more laid back, sassy, and spoke without thinking, Logan was the complete opposite. He was brooding, serious, and a planner. 

"I swear, if you don't kiss me, I will die," she pleaded, settling her fingers on my skin in curved claws. I swallowed roughly and laid my forehead against hers. "Don't be so dramatic."

I flipping loved Paige. She was so over the top. She was sassy, she had the tendency to blurt things out without thinking, and she was such a horndog when it came to Logan it was pretty hilarious. She pulled out all the stops trying to get him to make a move, and he wouldn't budge. I also loved her relationship with his sisters. She took to them very easily, and you could just see how much she loved them. She really worked hard to maintain a relationship with them, and build trust. 

"Whatever fire burned inside her, I had it in me too. I'd just never met anyone who made me want to let the flames consume me. Who made me want to see how hot they could burn, what heights they could reach, what we could reach together."

Logan, oh he was the best. I say it every time, and I'll say it again. This is my FAVORITE kind of book boyfriend. The kind that is moody, serious, and have a bit of a temper. I also like when they are misunderstood, like the world sees them one way, but you as the reader get to see them in a completely different way. The way he was at home with Paige, and the girls, was completely different then they was he was at the stadium with the other guys on the team. 

A slow burn romance is sometimes so flipping frustrating. I always have a love/hate relationship with them. I'm so aggravated when I'm reading, but I secretly love it. This was definitely a slow burn. I don't know how these two lived together and held off for so long, I felt like Paige, she was so frustrated, but Logan wasn't giving in. It was also kind of hilarious to read how hard she tried to get him to give it up. 

"If we do this," I told her, "you're mine. Do you understand?" Paige held my eyes with hers, and she nodded. "Yeah."

I absolutely adored Logan's sisters. They were so spunky, and had such loud and bright personalities. I just wanted to keep reading more and more about them. It's hard, in a romance book, to make other characters shine so much that you don't mind the break from the romance, but Karla was able to do just that. I was pleasantly surprised when I finished to see that the girls will be getting their own books! I can't wait to read those. 

Overall, I'm giving this one 5 STARS. I'm glad I read this one, it was light easy read, and the characters were great. Logan was a great book boyfriend, and I enjoyed Paige's sassiness. I think Logan's sisters stole the show for me though, they had some of the best parts of the book. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dismount

Regretting You

What's Left of Me