Promise Me Nothing

Wyatt Calloway isn't a good idea. I didn't pick up my life and move to this urban beach city to spend my days swooning over a rich bad boy who rides a motorcycle and seems to know every girl in town. I'm here to get to know the brother I've never met. To try and create a family when I've gone so long without one. Maybe find a place where I belong. So why can't I seem to get him off my mind? 

Hannah Morrison isn't a good idea. I'm back in town just for the summer, and my priorities are to spend time with my little sister, check in with my family, and make sure things aren't really as bad as they seem. But somehow, the new girl becomes my focus. She's got a heaping ton of baggage, and she doesn't understand why she's really here. But I'll do anything to make her feel like she belongs. Even give her promises I'm not sure I can keep. 

Welcome to Hermosa Beach.



Promise Me Nothing isn't just a romance. It isn't solely a book focused on Hannah and Wyatt and how they become more tan friends. This is a story about growth. This is a story about Hannah trying to find herself, and trying to connect with a brother she never even knew she had. 

Hannah was damaged. You could clearly tell she had been through a lot in her life. She found it hard to trust people, she didn't want to ask anyone for help, and she was desperate to find a connection with some type of family. When she found out she had a step brother it was a blessing in disguise for her, and without much though she packed up to go spend some time with him. Right away, I loved that even though Lucas had a ton of money, she wanted nothing to do with it. She wanted to make her own money, and her own life. I liked her relationship with Lucas, and also the one she started with Ivy, Wyatt's sister. You could tell that she was just looking for somewhere she could fit in and make roots to call home. 

Wyatt was complicated, as most fantastic book boyfriends are. He was hiding things, and it made it more difficult for him to keep his secrets when he started to fall for Hannah. Hannah wasn't what he was expecting and I think that threw him for a loop. He was very loyal to his family, most of them anyway. And he would do literally anything for his little sister, Ivy. I loved how much he loved her. It was very endearing. 

These two had some major sexual chemistry brewing. I liked that they didn't jump into something right away, but it felt like the perfect build up. Neither one of them was looking for anything, and yet they found each other, and I think it was a nice surprise for them. Wyatt had his secrets, which I will say were pretty big secrets, I wish he would have handled the things he was keeping from Hannah better, but hey, where's the drama in that? 

This was my first book from Jillian Liota, but it won't be my last. I loved her writing. It was easy to connect with her characters, and she made me feel like I was right there on the beach with them. It's almost as if I could feel the wind in my hair and my toes in the sand. She's very good at making sure you not only connect with her characters, but with their lives, and their surroundings. 

Overall, I'm giving this one 4 STARS. I really enjoyed the story, I connected with the characters, and I was rooting for them all to have a happy ending. I love Jillian's writing, so I will definitely seek her out again in the future. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Regretting You

Dismount

The Lineup