Intoxicated By You

I know what your thinking, I literally JUST posted a review yesterday. This book was easy to read, it had me on edge, and I needed answers. It probably also helped that I was up half the night sick, so I had plenty of reading time. 



"There were only so many times my heart could break."

Intoxicated by You was about Alexa and Drake. The story starts with Alexa making a huge mistake and leaving Drake. Years later she is back in town to open a clinic with her best friend, and she runs into Drake. The feelings, for both of them, are obviously still there, and they get things straightened out pretty quickly. They realize they have lost 2 years that they never should have lost, and they don't want to lose any more time. After they realize their relationship was sabotaged, they are left with the task of finding out what really happened.  

I was pleasantly surprised with this book. I went in expecting a romance book and I got so much more. It was definitely a great romance, but it also had a little bit of mystery added in that kept me on the edge of my seat. I found myself just blowing through the book trying to find out what happened, who was behind it all, and how everything was going to turn out. I had many different theories throughout the book about what was going on, but it kept me guessing for a while. There were definitely some bombshells dropped that I wasn't expecting. 

"And I will spend the rest of my life helping you achieve your dreams. Every one of them." "I want to do that for you, too." "You already have."

I loved Alexa! She was so compassionate for others, she was loyal to her family and friends, and she was very strong considering all that she had been through. She wanted to help anyone she could, regardless of how they may have treated her in the past. I loved that about her. She was the kind of friend anyone would want in their life. 

Drake was AMAZING. What a book boyfriend. He was just everything wrapped up in a nice package! He was strong, protective, and he loved Alexa fiercely. He didn't care what had happened between them years ago, the minute she stepped back into his life he wanted to do everything he could to keep her there. He loved his family, and the scenes between him and his brothers were some of my favorites. 



This book had such a great cast of characters. The Foster brothers, their parents, and Hollis (Alexa's best friend). I even loved the townspeople. All of these characters just added some nice charm to the book, it made you feel like you were there in that small Alaskan town, or it at least made you feel like you wanted to be there, and be a part of that community.  Alexa's mom and sister left little to be desired in the character department, but they were great villains. They were the type of villain that you just can't wait for karma to show up and take over, and karma did not disappoint in this book. 

"This was love. This was life. This was everything." 

Overall I'm giving this book 4 STARS. The ONLY thing keeping me from a full 5 is that I just wish there was more, I wasn't ready for the story to end. I would have been happy with like 100 more pages, I don't know. I just didn't want it to be over. That is definitely not a bad thing. This was my first read by Kristin Mayer, but it definitely won't be my last. I was pleasantly surprised to see that the other Foster brothers have their own books also, so I can't wait to dive into those! If your looking for a sweet romance with some mystery and thrill this is definitely the book for you! 

*All graphics were found online through a google search.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dismount

Regretting You

The Lineup