Devoted

"Aw, but Jess- that's the best part. The leap of faith you take when you jump, the feeling of the wind hitting your entire body, that pressure but also the feeling of weightlessness. It's the most free and alive you'll ever feel." 

I received an ARC of this book from the author, for my honest review. Devoted released today! 

Harlow James really knocked it out of the park with this series. Every single book was a 5 STAR read for me. I'm so sad to say goodbye to these characters, but I can't wait to see what she does next. I loved the friendships between the characters and how they made appearances in each book. I'm a sucker for a good small town romance, and every single one of these books check off all the boxes. 

"I think any fear in life is easier to face with someone by your side that you know won't let you fall." 

 
Brooks was the best. He was probably my favorite of all the guys in the books. I loved how he knew what he wanted and he wasn't afraid to put it out there. It was the first time, in a long time, that I remember reading a male lead that didn't beat around the bush. I was irritated with him for not talking to Jess, but I could see where he was coming from. 

I loved Jess. A lot of her traits reminded me of myself, so she was really relatable. I was really angry with her at the end of the book, but thankfully she figured herself out. 

"It doesn't matter. That's what we do for the people we care about. We show up. go."

I really can't praise Harlow enough for this series. All of the characters reminded me of old friends. It made me want to pack my bags and find Emerson Falls. She really has something special with this series. 

Overall, this one is getting 5 STARS. The characters were going through some real life tragedy. They were relatable, and their feelings felt real. They broke my heart, but then they put it back together again. 

This is a 5 STAR series for sure. I said it once and I'll say it again. It will go down as one of my favorites. I'm sad to see these characters go. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Regretting You

Dismount

The Lineup