Dismount

Love didn't make people feel hate. 


If you follow my blogs then you know that a couple weeks ago I mad a post with reviews from books 1-4 of the Off Balance series by Lucia Franco. I was lucky enough to receive an ARC copy of book number 5, Dismount. 

This series is controversial for some. There are people that don't like the content. There are people that don't agree with the theme. These people basically verbally attack Lucia over writing from her heart. That's not right. Have you ever heard the saying "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all?" Well I used this phrase.."If you don't like what a books about, don't read it." It's really that simple. Why would you cause pain and suffering to someone brave enough to bare their heart to others through writing? Since when do we try to censor authors? 

We'd have to choose between being in love and simply breathing. I knew it in my heart we would. We wouldn't get both. 

This whole series was a rollercoaster of emotions. I laughed, I cried, and I was so very angry. I was so angry that two people loved each other so much, but couldn't be together. 

I loved the gymnastics. I loved how Lucia described the energy of the environment. I loved how you could feel the nerves she was going through. It made my heart race for her, and everything was written so well it was almost as if I were experiencing it myself. 

Kova always said timing was everything. He failed to mention our timing would never, ever be right. I looked away. Love and breathing went hand in hand for us. He exhaled and I inhaled. That would never change for us. 

I think fans of the series will love the way it all came to an end. I think Lucia did her readers justice, and she delivered a beautifully well written story. The final book made me sob, but they weren't all tears from hurt, they were tears of happiness, and tears that this was the end of such a phenomenally written series. 

Overall, this book, this entire series gets 5 STARS from me. It's been a hard journey for Lucia, but I hope she's proud of it. She should be. Their story was heartbreaking, but beautiful. I'm grateful that I got to go along for the ride. 

Time. Our love tested time. What I would not go through to have a thousand lives with her. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Regretting You

The Lineup