Queen of Klutz

This was a far cry from the last two emotional books that I read. This was definitely more of a comedy book. I think most would categorize it under romantic comedy, but I didn't feel like there was a whole lot of romance. This is a bit of a change from what I normally read, and now I know why I usually stick with what I like...a good ol sobfest that causes me emotional turmoil. But this was a nice change! 


"When life hands you lemons...Rub them all over my open wounds, and laugh?"

It was the blurb that got me with this one. It was hysterical. Anytime the blurb tells you that the main character was dumped and found her boyfriend in bed with another MAN you know the book is going to be hilarious. Sibby was hilarious. She had no idea what she was doing in life, she was like a child in a woman's body, and she was pretty much just winging life. I liked Aiden, it was clear from the get go that he was into her, and the fact that he let her run around and pretend like she didn't want to be in a relationship was endearing to me. 

"Two guys don't make a right." "Two guys make a gay couple," she fired back.

Sibby's best friend Annie was fantastic. She knew all the right things to say, and she was always there to comfort Sibby with booze and sarcastic comments when she found herself in some new awkward situation. 

"I'm not into blondes." "No?" "I'm into walking disaster brunettes."

Aiden was a great character, maybe a little too perfect if you ask me, I was always waiting for the ball to drop and it never did. He really was just the perfect guy. He let her string him along and take FOREVER to finally call him her boyfriend, when he really liked her the whole time. I don't know that someone like that exists, but I guess this is a book so they usually are pretty perfect. I think he had way too much patience with her, and he might have fallen a little too fast, but then again she did also, so that's not saying much. 

"Are you just making shit up to make me feel better?" "I wish." She laughed. "Your better than reality TV."

I thought the book was cute, funny, and an easy read, but I didn't think it was all that fantastic. Most of the book was about different costumers she got at the restaurant she worked at, then the rest was either her getting drunk or falling in love with Aiden. It all happened REALLY fast. I think that's what turned me off from the book, I don't mind a love at first sight sort of thing, but this supposedly happened in the span of a few months, and it just wasn't believable to me. It all seemed really rushed. I did love the humor in the book and it was a cute read, but I probably won't read the other books in the series. 

Overall I'm giving this book 2.5 STARS. I think this is definitely a cute read, but I guess I just like books more that rip out my heart and throw it on the ground. I want to feel some angst and I really love when a book gives me a good cry, or even leaves me on the edge of my seat in suspense. If your  looking for a good pick me up this might be a good choice for you! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Regretting You

Dismount

The Lineup