Diary of a Bad Boy

I flipping love Meghan Quinn. I swear she does no wrong when it comes to writing books. Her books have this fantastic humor and charm to them, but they are also always steamy and romantic. It's like the perfect romantic comedy movie balled up into a book. 



"Dear Diary, I might have gotten myself into a wee bit of trouble- and I'm not talking about the "court mandated community service," or "therapy sessions from bashing a bloke in the head" kind of trouble. I wish it were that simple. Nope. I'm talking about the "falling in love with one of my client's daughters," kind of trouble. The kind of problem I can't talk my way out of when the truth gets out. How I ended up with her phone is a long story- and when she called to get it back, I took things a bit too far. One innocent exchange wound up leading to so much more. Fun, new, and totally immune to my charm, Sutton is different. And I had no idea she was the daugher of Foster Green. Blame it on the dark colored stout running through my veins, pushing me toward on bad decision after another. Pushing me toward her even though I know right from wrong; even though she's my client's daughter. Dating her might be the best or worst decision I've ever made. Only time, whiskey, and one more roll around the mattress with her will tell.
Roark"

This book starts out as a Journal entry from Roark for his court appointed therapy. After getting into some trouble with the law he has to attend therapy and do community service. He isn't taking the journal seriously at first, basically just bull shitting his way through it, until he meets Sutton. Their first encounter is purely coincidental. He gets into a fight with a guy over ketchup, their phones get mixed up, and he basically plays with her head while also keeping her phone hostage. Their banter back and forth is hilarious. She absolutely despises him, and he loves driving her crazy. Their mutual hatred and annoyance for each other eventually turns to something else, and then they find out that she is the daughter of his biggest client. 

"And why does he smell like God blessed him with all the pheromones he had bottled up?"



"And here I though you were having a good time, lass." "How did you get that impression?" He shrugs and then quickly glances at my chest. "Your nipples have been hard all day." I am going to murder him. Murder. Him."

I freaking loved Roark. There is NOTHING I love more than a cocky, douchey, but secretly a total sweetheart, bad boy, book boyfriend. They are hands down my favorite. You feel like you should hate them, but you just can't. They do all the things that drive you absolutely crazy, but then when you break down those walls they are total softies. Roark was a total bad boy. He was a bad ass, he did all the wrong things, he was completely inappropriate most of the time, but man did I love him. When he finally let down all those walls he had built up he was absolutely amazing. He would have walked on water for Sutton if he could have. He was so in love.

"All I know is this feeling I have for you, this mind-numbing, soul-shattering feeling is coursing through my body, isn't going to go away, so I can either continue to try to fight it, or I can ask you for help."

Sutton was hilarious. She was so irritated with Roark in the first half of the book, it was hysterical. She was absolutely livid with him, and one of my favorite parts of the book was when she followed him around all day just waiting for him to go back home so she could finally get her phone back. Once they got to know each other better she went to great lengths to try and make him go absolutely bat shit crazy, and she knew all the right buttons to press. She was sweet and innocent, but she just needed someone to come along and bring her out of her shell, and I think thats why I felt like they were such a great match, their different personalities really balanced each other out. 

Their friends were freaking fantastic. Maggie had ZERO filter. When Sutton brough Roark to the coffee shop to formally meet her it was probably one of the most hilarious conversations I've ever read. Bram & Rath were great friends for Roark, when he was struggling with accepting himself, and accepting love into his life they were both right there giving him advice, even when he tried not to revieve it. They didn't put up with his shit, and they always told him like it was. 

"Holy. Fucking. Shit. I'm in Love."

I just have to mention that the sexual tension in this book was OFF. THE. CHARTS. I seriously couldn't go to sleep last night because I was just dying for them to get together. Everytime I thought oh man this is the moment, it wasn't, and I was dying again. It was, of course, worth the wait, but man I seriously thought I might combust myself. The sexual chemistry flowing through their text messages and phone calls were enough to melt the pages off the book. There was a scene in the book when Sutton was at his house to go over a project they were working on for charity, and HOLY SHIRT(yes I said shirt) I thought I would just die if they didn't kiss or something. 

"This was the first time I ever felt another human bury themselves within the marrow of my bones."

Overall, I'm giving this one an obvious 5 STARS. I flippin loved it. It was funny, sexy, charming, and just an all around, can't put this book down, great read. I absolutely adore Meghan Quinn, and everything I've read from her has been top notch, so I definitely recommend you checking her out if you haven't already! This one was so easy to read, because the story was just THAT good. 


*all graphics in this review were found through a google search, I do not own the rights.*





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Regretting You

Dismount

What's Left of Me