Violent Delights

I have had a pretty crap day, but this book was really good, and there was a point in my day when the house when quiet, the baby was sleeping, and I wanted to take my mind off of things so I picked this book back up and started reading. I finished it pretty quickly, because it had me on the edge of my seat! 

"For those who are deserving, I ask before I take. I feed those who feed me. I can't control how others interpret things, but I give honesty where I get it. You'll find me dead before you find me a liar."



"In the de la Rosa family, old grudges run deeper than loyalty, and betrayal is the three-letter word: war. But this feud isn't between enemies. It's between brothers. And I'm the prize. I was born a princess among criminals. An untouchable among thieves. Heiress to a life others have killed for, and one I'm prepared to trade for my freedom. I vowed not to leave without Diego, my first love and best friend, but if his ruthless brother has his way, I won't leave at all. Cristiano de la Rosa is a man as big and bold as his legend. Once upon a time, he was our cartel's best soldier..until he became my family's worst enemy. A man like Cristiano will bend fate to his will to get what he wants. Even if it means dragging me to hell- and tearing me from his brother's arms. "She is min." Three words from two different men. A life, future, and love I don't get to choose." 


"If you're what I want, then I'll find a way to have you."



This story is about Natalia, the young daughter of a cartel king pin. The story starts with her finding her mother's body, with one of their most trusted guards, Cristiano, standing over her. Assumptions are made that he is to blame, and he escapes, leaving her with his brother Diego. Fast forward many years and Natalia is back from boarding school, and hoping to convince her father to let her marry her long time love, Diego. That's when Cristiano makes his reappearance, and things get difficult. 

"Did Cristiano have a tender spot for her that he might not even be aware of..until someone stepped on it?"

I liked Natalia a lot. She had been through so much in her young life, and yet she still looked for love, and looked for happiness. She was a daddy's girl through and through, regardless of who he was and what he was capable of. Their love for family ran deep and true. She was definitely a lover, she loved Diego fiercely, even though I didn't feel like he deserved her. She was also very sheltered, and I think that made her a little naïve, especially when it came to matters that involved Diego. You could tell she has a rebellious side that she is just dying to let come out. 



"Believe me when I say, if Diego's and my roles were reversed, I would hold you so tight, you would forget what it was to breathe. And I would not, for neither money nor power, ever send you into the fire just to see my enemy burn as he has done." 


I was not a fan of Diego. There seemed to be something off about him to me. Natalia loved him so much, and she desperately wanted him to leave Mexico and come to California with her, and he was telling her he wanted these things also, but he just seemed to rub me the wrong way. To me, the only thing that mattered to him was that her father respect him and give him more responsibilities than he had. I felt like Diego was hungry for the power that Natalia's family could give him. 



"Understand me. The next time my hands are that close to heaven, they will enter whether Diego is watching or not."

Cristiano is definitely a villian. But, I feel like he is a misunderstood villian. I do think he is a bad person, he has done many bad things, but I think the one person that could help turn him around is Natalia. The protectivness and love he has for her is evident, but he is not very good at showing his emotions. He is closed off and cold, but he knows what he wants and he isn't araid to go after it. I really liked the chapter that was told in his point of view, because you got a little inside that you might not have gotten otherwise. It showed you how he really was a person, and not just how he wanted everyone on the outside to see him. He wanted to be feared, and he did a great job of making sure that he was. 

I am so excited that this book is going to be a part of a series. It was packed full of heat, mystery, and it kept me on the edge of my seat. There are so many people that are calculating and shady that are involved in the cartel, it is hard to decide who you can trust and who you can't. I can see why Natalia has been convused her whole life as to who she should let in, and who she shouldn't.

"Betrayal had a price, and even family had to pay."
"Confess your sins and pray for mercy," I said. "But you'll get non from me."

Overall, I'm giving this book 5 STARS! It was addicting, it was easy to get wrapped up in the story, and it has the potential to be one pretty fantastic series. I can't wait to see what happens between #teamDiego and  #teamCristiano. (I know who's team I'm on.) So you will catch me stalking Amazon waiting on June so book two can hit my Kindle! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Regretting You

Dismount

What's Left of Me