Well Suited



I was provided an advanced copy of this book from Social Butterfly PR & the author Staci Hart. This is the final book in the Red Lipstick Coalition Series, it's a series of 4 standalone romances. 

Staci is amazing at what she does. If you haven't picked up something from her your missing out. She is really good with giving you some laughs, but also keeping it pretty steamy! Her books always make for an enjoyable read. And Well Suited was no different! 





"Chemistry is my love language. 



I've always been able to separate feelings from chemo signals. A shot of dopamine, a dash of serotonin, and a sprinkle of oxytocin-and bam. You're in love.



And when egg meets sperm, your pregnant.



I couldn't even be surprised as I stared down at the little blue plus sign, because I knew exactly when and how, and with whom it happened. 



When: approximately five weeks ago. 
Who: one night stand. 
How: prophylactic malfunction.



The upside? I don't have to go looking for a suitable mate. 



Genetically he's the cream of the crop. His musculature is a study in symmetry and strength, his height imposing and dominant. He is a man who thrives on control and command, a man who survives on intelligence and resourcefulness. A perfect male specimen.



And the whole package is wrapped up in a flawlessly tailored suit. 



I'm having this baby, and he insists we're well-suited to have it together. And what's worse? He wants more, in the way of love and marriage. 



But love isn't real. It's just a product of chemistry. 



And if he changes my mind about that, we're both in trouble."

I really enjoyed this book so much. I have read ALOT of books in my life, and I don't think I've ever came across a character like Katherine. It's hard to describe her. She was blunt, clinical, and very precise. She was a lover of organization and having plans. She likes rules, pretty much insists on them. In one part of the book she described herself as cold, but I didn't see her that way. She had a strange childhood, and I think that shaped her into who she was in present day, but she had just never had someone that she could connect with, until Theo. She was also a librarian, which was a amazing, it was like the perfect job for her, and her personality. I loved that she was so literal. Her friends and family were complete opposites of her, but they fit into her life perfectly. She kept most people at an arms length, and took extreme measures to protect herself and her heart. 



"I was not myself. But I was more myself than I'd ever been."



Theo was extremely responsible. He had taken on the burden of the dad role in his family when his father left him, his mother, and his brother when they were young. He was used to taking care of people, he loved taking care of people. He had been enamored with Katherine since the moment he met her, and he did everything in his power to make her comfortable, but to also try and work his way under his skin. He had to be the most patient man ever. She was a tough cookie to crack, sometimes she was downright exhausting, but he stood strong and fought for her with everything he had. He was fiercely protective of the people he loved. He was a great character. 

"The research I'd done indicated my libido might be heightened because of hormones, which I'd found to be undeniably, frustratingly true. But when he did things like ripping boxes apart and hauling furniture and cooking and smelling like a goddamn man feast and such, it magnified all that sexual frustration by a thousand times."



Their relationship was an odd one, a bit unconventional, but for the two of them it worked out pretty great. They had rules, and they abided by them. I know sometimes that had to be so frustrating for Theo, he was so obviously in love with her, and she was so utterly clueless. She was so hell bent on not believing in love and marriage that she lived in a world of denial. Everyone around them could see what was happening, but Katherine was having no part of it. 

"I was hers, and I'd do anything to make her mine. And lucky for both of us, I never failed."


The scene in the delivery room was beautiful. So beautifully written I felt like I was right there with them. There was so much emotion there, and it was true emotion. You could plainly tell Staci is a mother because only a mother could write the emotion of that scene in that way. I loved every bit of it. 

I loved the humor in this book. I thought it was well placed. This book wasn't heavy, there wasn't a whole lot turmoil, I pretty much knew what the issue was going to be between the two of them right from the start. As you got to know Katherine, you could pretty much see she was going to be  tough egg to crack. The chemistry between the two of them was off teh charts, and there was a lot of steaminess, but not too much. The humor, love, and hot hot scenes helped shape the book into a pretty great read. 

Overall, I'm giving this one 5 STARS. I love Staci, she writes so well, and it's so easy to connect with her characters. This book was perfectly balanced and had some really beautiful touching scenes, alot with some humor, and hot sex. What more could you ask for, really?



"The kiss was heavy with the promise, the depth of the truth, the weight of our love. And forever was sealed with that kiss. And it was fireworks"







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Regretting You

Dismount

The Lineup