Boyfriend Bargain

I have never read a book by Ilsa Madden-Mills, but I will definitely seek out some more from her in the future. I loved this book! 



"Wanted: one hot guy with rock-hard abs and a big stick. Broke and desperate, Sugar Ryan has no use for arrogant, bad boy athletes..until she's forced to bargain with the cockiest of them all. If only he knew she was alive. Her mission? Get on this hockey player's radar any way possible. Zack Morgan is the king of the ice and the bedroom- but nothing prepares him for the mystery girl who shows up everywhere he does- frat parties, his favorite bar, and finally his front door with an offer he can't refuse. The only rule in her boyfriend bargain: no falling in love. But after one (um, two) smoking-hot hookups he's done with pretending and vows to make their fake relationship real. Too bad she can't trust a player with a reputation for breaking hearts. Will this hockey star score his forever girl or will their Boyfriend Bargain end in heartbreak?"

"There's something goin on between us that's..I don't know..interesting. I knew it the moment I saw you." He pauses. "I want you." I want you."


Sugar is on a mission. She needs to get the attention of the star hockey player, Zack Morgan, and try to make a deal with him. She gets his attention a lot sooner and easier than she anticipates, and he is more than happy to make a deal with her. These two had some OFF THE CHARTS chemistry between the two of them. I don't know how Sugar ever thought she was going to handle him just being a "fake boyfriend" for her. The attraction the two of them had was undeniable. 

"She's just a tiny bit intimidated by me when she's the one who's got me by the balls. I'm going to make her mine. She just doesn't know it yet."

I loved Sugar. She was everything. She spoke her mind, she was sassy, and she knew what she wanted and how to go after it. She was nursing a broken heart, and did not anticipate falling for Zack. The banter between the two of them, coupled with their smoking chemistry made this an easy read, because I just couldn't wait to see what these two would do next. Southern girls are better than the FBI.

"I sigh. A very large and naked man with a dragon tattoo is sitting on top of my mini fridge with a semi, eating chips with a scarf on. Priceless."

I flipping loved Zack. He was my most favorite kind of book boyfriend. He was misunderstood, had a reputation that was made up of mostly gossip, and he was battling some inner demons. The secret he was harboring was eating him alive, and making him crazy. When he finally faced that, brought it to the surface, and started to talk about it he finally started to heal. He had a lot of character growth in this story. And I loved his love for Sugar, he was so helplessly in love with her. 

This story was fantastic. I loved the side characters, I loved the main characters, their chemistry was everything, and I couldn't stop reading. Between the banter, the steamy scenes, and the storyline this was a great read. I started it last night and couldn't put it down!

"But the thing is, you love me. You can't breathe without me. You want me just as much as I want you."



Overall, I'm giving this one 5 STARS! I don't know why I have never read a book by Ilsa before, but I definitely will start seeking out her books. Her writing was fantastic, and she had me hooked right away. She was a great story teller and these characters were fantastic. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Regretting You

Dismount

The Lineup