Imperfect Match

I was so excited to read this book. It was so hyped up everywhere on my Instagram, the cover was gorgeous, everyone was loving it. I did not love it. And that makes me so sad. 



"Rule number one for a professional matchmaker? Don't fall in love with your client. I screwed that up when I fell for my best friend, Reid Fortino. He's  gorgeous, successful, and sexy as hell. I figured it would be easy to find him a match- and save the family business at the same time. But the more time I spend attempting to find the perfect girl, the more I realize how much I want him for my own. What's the harm if we give in for just one night? I should have known that would never be enough. Now I'm on the verge of losing my job and my heart. We were an imperfect match from the start, but I don't know how to let him go." 

Willow and Reid have been best friends forever. They spend all their time together, but they don't have any feelings for each other, and they never have. Willow's mom wants to retire, but she wants to leave the family business to Willow's sister, she doesn't think Willow has the knack for matching people up. Willow is desperate to prove her mom wrong, so she wages that she can match her best friend Reid, a man who has no intentions of ever getting married or having kids, up with his true love. If she finds a match for Reid, the company gets left to her. 

First off, so many things were bothering me. Willow was in her 30's and was so desperate for a baby she wanted to get artificial insemination. Instead of going out and dating she was content in a life that she spent hanging out with her best friend and getting pregnant artificially. Reid was extremely jealous of this and was not on board, but yet they don't harbor any feelings for each other? That wasn't believable. Then all it took for them to realize they wanted to be together was him walking in on her in a towel? Your telling me all the years they have been friends that's NEVER happened? And that's all it took for the both of them to be like, Oh I want more. Just out of nowhere. 

Willow was a crazy person. When her feelings for Reid just popped up from nowhere she still insisted on trying to match him with someone. Then she turned into an absolute nut job when he actually went on a date that she set him up on. Reid really wasn't any better of a character. Literally the only thing he ever thought about was sex. That's all he talked about, and that's basically what he wanted their relationship to be. 

It felt like as soon as Reid saw her in a towel, and they made the move the book turned into something like 50 Shades of Grey. All they did was have sex, talk about having sex, and think about having sex. They jumped into this sexual relationship with each other, already telling each other they were in love with one another, without even discussing the big issues like how she desperately wanted to be married and have kids, and he had no desire for any of that. Everything felt super rushed. There wasn't really ever a timeline mentioned, but if you go based off of what you read it seems they got together, started professing their love, and broke up all within a span of like a month. 

I was intrigued with the blurb, because it made it seem like she was setting him up on all these dates and that's how she realized she wanted more with him, but that's not how it happened it all. She sent him on one date, she spied on the date, and then there was nothing else mentioned about the matchmaking. I was pretty disappointed. I felt like there was potential for something more for the story with that storyline. 

Overall, I'm giving this one 2 STARS. It started out great, I liked the concept and the blurb had me intrigued. Only a few chapters in I was disappointed. It turned into a lot of sex and everything about the story just seemed really rushed. Don't let my review steer you away from trying to book out, a lot of people really enjoyed this one, and it came highly recommended by some gals with great taste! It just wasn't the book for me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Regretting You

Dismount

The Lineup