That Forever Girl (Getting Lucky #2)

"It's true. I read enough romance to know exactly how this goes. Boy meets girl, boy loses girl, boy gets girl back. Simple. Your boy loses girl section is just a tad longer than normal."



There are two little words every small-town man dreads: She's back. Harper Sanders, the girl who was supposed to be my forever, has returned to Port Snow, Maine, for good- and she's bringing back memories of our shared past. We once had a bright future together, but when tragedy struck, I threw it all away and pushed her out of my life. People in our small town think I'm cursed, but I know better. I did it all to myself. And now she's creating a life of her own in the place where we first fell in love. I can't fight my feelings for her- or the strong attraction that keeps pulling us together. But after all this time, can she forgive the past and fall in love with me all over again? Everyone hopes to find that forever girl...I just hope I haven't lost mine for good. 

Meghan Quinn is like a breath of fresh air. When I read a book thats super angsty, or a book that makes me cry, she is my go to. She always make me feel better. Her books are amazing. They make me laugh and they make me swoon. Her characters are always so relatable. I fell in love with her when I first read The Virgin Romance Novelist and I haven't looked back since, and she never disappoints. 

"Sometimes memories are what you need to remind you who you are and where you come from."

I flipping love this series. This is book two, but they can be read as standalones. I like to always try and read all the books in a series like this because I feel like it helps you connect with the characters better. I love the characters in Port Snow. This family, this town, just everything about it. It makes me want to move there and make friends with everyone. My favorite parts of the story was the text messages between the family, absolutely hilarious. 

Harper was fantastic. She had been through some heartbreak, but she was still standing strong on the other side. She was trying to rebuild her life, and reconnect with the town that she grew up in, and the town that she loved. You could tell right from the start that she was hiding something, and when you finally find out what it was it's pretty heartbreaking. She was just trying to find her way in life, and find a way to overcome some obstacles in order for her to grow. 

"I was just searching for my home..and you're my home, Rogan, my person, and no matter what, I'll always belong to you."

Rogan was complicated. He was harbouring a lot of regret and guilt about the way that things had happened between him and Harper. He had obviously grown as a man, but he had never apologized to her like he always wanted. When she came back to Port Snow it through him for a loop. He handled the situation poorly becuase he didn't know how to handle his emotions. He had a lot of character growth in this story, and I though I loved Griffin from, That Second Chance, but I think Rogan took my heart in this one. 

This was such a slow burn. These two obviously had a lot of unfinished business, and it was agonizing how long it took for them to get it together. Meghan always makes it well worth the wait though, because it sure did get steamy. 

I loved how the story switched back and forth between past and present, it really helped you connect with the characters. I liked the bit of mystery that was brought into the story also, it took me to the last few pages to figure out who My Forever Girl was. I loved that the mystery was added into it, it really brought the story together well. 

"Hope should never be lost when it comes to broken love. After all, broken things offer new beginnings, and sometimes that's all love needs...a new beginning."

Overall, this book is getting 5 STARS. I would expect nothing less from Meghan. She knows how to write the perfect story. She makes you laugh and swoon, and she always makes all of her characters so relatable. It feels like your reading about some old friends. I can't wait to see what Port Snow has in store next! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Regretting You

Dismount

The Lineup