I Knead You Tonight

"Because something inevitable can't be a bad decision. Not when it was meant to be all along."



I hate Drew Woods, and she hates me. Even so, I'm not the cold jerk most make me out to be, and I have no problem moving the single mom and her baby into my home. I do, however, draw the line when it comes to acting on the way her loose lips make me feel. Alive. She's too mouthy, too prying, and her curves are way too distracting. I might have lost my way after a nearly fatal car accident, but I'm not stupid. Giving in to Drew would be a short-lived fix for this pain I'm saddled with, and I knead something permanent. I'd be insane to think what we have could be anything other than temporary..right? 

I received an ARC copy of this book for my honest review. 

As usual, Teagan Hunter knocks it out of the park for me. I love her witty banter between characters, her steamy scenes, and way her stories always make me feel good. It's so nice to open up a book and know that it's going to be a light and funny read. It always makes the reading experience so much more relaxing for me. Don't get me wrong, I love me some angst and tears, but there is just something about a good romantic comedy. Literally all of her books should be made into movies. They would be such hits. 

I hate Drew Woods. But not because I don't like her. I hate her because I do like her..and she won't let me have her.




I Knead You Tonight is a standalone in the Slice series. It's the second book of the series, and I highly recommend reading A Pizza My Heart also, because it is excellent! I knew Drew was going to be a sassy after having read the first book, but she was even better in this one. She is easily one of my favorite female book characters. She speaks her mind, always has a sassy comeback for anything anyone says, and is a fantastic mother. She was just an all around great character. I like how her upbringing didn't affect the way she raised her son. She did literally everything and anything she could for him, and that was really admirable. She didn't let people walk all over her, but she was also extremely stubborn, she didn't want to ask anyone for help even when she desperately needed it. She needed someone equally as stubborn, to make her see it's okay to need someone sometimes, and that's what Winston was for her. 

I loved Winston. He did not care at all what anyone thought about him, until Drew came along. He was probably even more stubborn than she was, but he wanted to impress her, he wanted to be a good person for her, and I thought that was really fantastic. Just to find someone you care about so much that they make you want to be a better person. The way he was with Riker was really fantastic also. After reading book one I wasn't sure what to expect from him, but I was pleasantly surprised. He really was a great guy, even though he liked to hide that part of him from everyone, I'm glad he let Drew see that side of him. 

"I don't like you, Drew." I watch his lips move, mouth dangerously close to mine. "I hate you." "I hate you too."

These two had some fantastic chemistry. You could just feel that sexual tension brewing between them, and I was just dying for one of them to just say "What the heck?" And go for it. Teagan did not disappoint when it finally happened, and that buildup was so good. The banter back and forth between these two was so hilarious. Sure they hated each other, but they loved to hate each other. It was obvious to everyone around them that the "hate" they had for each other was going to explode, and when it did it was so great. 

I'm a huge Blues Hockey fan so that fact that Teagan mentioned the Blues in the story just made my day! There are few things I'm certain about in this life. The St. Louis Blues are the greatest hockey team there ever was. I freaking loved it. 

Overall, this one is for sure getting 5 STARS. It’s always a no brainier for me when it comes to Teagan. I love her writing. I love how she hooks you in with witty banter, the guaranteed steaminess you’re going to get, and how good your going to feel after you finish. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Regretting You

Dismount

The Lineup