Landon & Shay

“If he breaks my heart, I hope the cracks tell a good story.”




I received an ARC of this book from the author. I fell in love with Brittainy  and her writing when I read Eleanor & Gray. That was my first book of hers and I immediately fell in love with her words and her writing. She has this ability to reach down deep into your soul and make you feel. This story was so good, so good that it made me uncomfortable. It made me feel pain and it made me sob. She is just a master at these emotional stories, and has quickly made her way up into my must read authors list. 

I wondered what the storm inside her head looked like. I wondered if her thunder tumbled as loud as mine, if her lighting struck her soul repeatedly, if she drowned in her own thoughts. 

Man, I really loved Shay. What an absolutely fabulous character. She was such a good and kind soul, even though she was going through some stuff at home, she still made sure to show compassion and love to everyone. She didn’t let anyone walk all over her, she didn’t let anyone damper her love, she was just a genuinely good person. I say this often, but she is seriously one of my favorite female leads. What a truly inspiring character, to not even be concerned with what’s happening in her life, but always determined to be there for someone that is struggling. 

I loved Landon, even though I know I shouldn’t have. I loved his light and his shadows. I loved the way he wore a crooked grin. I loved his frowns. I loved his highs. I loved his lows. 

What a complex character Landon was. He was so troubled, but you had to love him. He was a master at hiding his pain. He was by far one of the more heartbreaking characters I’ve ever read about. And Brittiany  did such a fantastic job writing in his POV, he had me crying many times. His pain felt so real, his troubles felt so real, he was so relatable. He felt like he was so unlovable, and maybe he would have been to anyone but Shay. Her love for others and life just brought something out on him that he didn’t even know existed. 

My hands fell to my chest, and I felt my heart rapidly beating against my rib cage. She did that to me. She made my heart turn back on. Her kiss gave me life. 

The chemistry between these two characters was insane. It was so well written. Enemies to lovers is one of my absolute favorite troupes, and this was one of the better ones I’ve read in a while. Their hate for each other was believable, but so was their love for each other. When these two opened up to each other it was such a beautiful thing. Their love wasn’t easy, their lives weren’t easy, and it was truly heartbreaking. I cannot wait to see what happens in book two, this was a beautiful and heartbreaking read, and I am dying to know what happens next. I’m dying to see where these two go in life, and how their love grows or fades over time. 

I feel like I highlighted the entire book. There were so many memorable quotes and moments in the story, I just wanted to save them to go back and read over and over again. What a fabulous book, I can’t praise this one enough. 

Overall, I’m giving this one 5 STARS. This was an absolutely amazing read. These characters were broken, their love story was hard, their lives were painful, but they also had so many beautiful moments. I am so glad this one is a duet, because these characters deserve more. I can’t wait to see what happens for them as they grow, and as their lives change. 

“I’m going to love loving you. As much as I loved hating you.”


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Regretting You

Dismount

The Lineup