Love You Now (Love Hurts, #2)

I hated him. But in that second, I realized you could hate and love someone at the same time.


I should have told her everything. How much I loved her. How much I've always loved her. But I didn't. I couldn't. I just wasn't made that way. Instead..I claimed her. Teased her. Taunted her. Worshiped her. Until...I broke her. My best friend. My savior. My girl. From my mind to my heart, to every single bone in my body. She owned me. I was hers. Every look. Every kiss. Every touch. Every tear. It was always her. The only thing I feared more than losing her was forgetting her. I hated how much I needed her. She was mine. Always and forever. I hated her then. But Harley Jameson was about to find out how much..I LOVED her now. 

I was late to the game with finding Monica and her books. This is the fourth book of her's I have read, and I fully intend to read them all. I get why people call her the queen of angst. Her characters are tortured, they want to love, but sometimes they struggle finding the right way to show their feelings. I think that's what makes them so relatable. 

This is book Two in the Love Hurts duet. I was given an ARC of this book from the author for my honest review. This book releases NOVEMBER 12TH!! You MUST read book one, before you read this one, and trust me you will want to read them both! Now is a great time to read them, because book one kind of leaves you frustrated and dying for more. 

To be with someone, to really be with them on a level other than physical, was something I'd never experienced. Something I had never had. Until her. 

I loved Harley in the first book because she was such a spitfire. The first book took you on a journey that started with them as kids, and they were just barely teenagers when book one ended. This book took you through high school and beyond, and Harley only became even more sassy the older she got. She lived life to the beat of her own drum, and didn't care what anyone else thought about her. 

Jackson was a tougher character to love. I won't go into his backstory and give anything away, but there are reasons that he acts the way he does. He has been through a lot in his life, and he never really learned how to deal with any of the grief he had. He makes some of the most frustrating mistakes, and sometimes I just wanted to reach through the pages and shake him and tell him to WAKE UP, but if you understand him as a person then you understand why he reacts to situations the way he does. 

The beast destroyin' the beauty wasn't who I was.

These two may have went through a lot in their lives, together and apart, but one thing was always for sure, they belonged together. Jackson made some pretty horrible mistakes, and Harley wasn't big on forgiving people, but even when they couldn't stand to be around each other, they knew that they were meant to be. The arguing and the back and forth is what made this story stand out to me. It was constantly a will they or won't they type of story and I shed a lot of tears. 

Monica, if your reading this...we won't discuss the bomb you dropped on me at about 80%. I was devastated, I was crying, I knew this was only a book, but I wasn't sure how these two would overcome that obstacle. I don't know why you want to torture me and rip my heart out the way you do. 

This was definitely an epic love story, a love story that lasted throughout the years. One that was full of trials and tribulations, and one that, as a reader, you weren't even sure was going to pan out the way you hoped. I laughed, and I cried, and I loved every bit of this book. 

Overall, I'm giving this one 5 STARS. Monica absolutely knocked it out of the park. It was the best conclusion to an amazing duet. I couldn't have asked for a better outcome, and I'm not even mad about all the hell I was put through to get to the end. I can't wait to dive into the next one, because I know you have even more angst, drama, love, and tears coming my way. 

'I hated you then, but, Harley Jameson, you're about to find out how much..I love you now."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Regretting You

Dismount

The Lineup