Gilded Lily (Bennet Brothers #2)

"Like I knew from the second his lips touched mine that he was about to ruin me. Ruined. I'm going to be ruined for life."



They say there's no such thing as perfect. But I've built my life to perfection- the perfect boyfriend, the perfect apartment, the perfect career planning celebrity weddings. My job- my only job- is to make sure every event is absolutely and completely perfect. What's not perfect? Kash Bennet. And I wish I didn't find that so appealing. I could have told you every perfectly imperfect thing about the gardener at Longbourne. Like his hair, lush and black and far too long. Or his nose, the flat bridge of a Greek god, bent a little like it's been broken. Or his size. Beastly. Roped and corded with muscles, beaming with sweat and peppered with dirt. There's no escaping him, not if I'm going to use his family's flower shop for my events. But my perfect life is turned inside out. They say the best way to get over somebody is to get under somebody new. When Kash offers his services to the cause, it sounds like the perfect plan. What's not part of the plan? Falling in love with the gardener. But they were right- there's no such thing as perfect. And I'm the fool who finds out the hard way. . 

I received an ARC of this book, from the author, for my honest review. Gilded Lily is book two in the Bennet Brothers series. They are a series of stand alone romance novels. I highly recommend reading the first book, I've reviewed it here https://njpennybookreviews.blogspot.com/2019/08/coming-up-roses.html, it was a 5 STAR read for me. Staci Hart writes the best romance books. They always leave me satisfied. 

"I can make you forget all about him," he promised. His hand, warm and rough, cupped my jaw, thumbed my cheek. "Is that what you want?"

Kash Bennet was the PERFECT book boyfriend. Holy smokes, he was fantastic. He is, hands down, my favorite Staci Hart leading man. He was everything a girl look for in a man. He was hardworking, a family guy, sincere, protective, and smoking hot. <--lol. I knew immediately that I loved him, and I only loved him more by the time the book finished. He didn't think very highly of himself, which I thought was unfair, but I understood where he was coming from, and why he would feel that way. 

Lila was a boss. She didn't need a man, she wanted a career, and she did everything she could to hold onto it. She felt like she had the perfect life until it kind of came crashing down on her, I'll let you find out for yourself what happened there. I really loved her even more when she started to let her guard down and live a little. She was a very passionate person, and a HUGE perfectionist. After she started spending more time with Kash, she finally loosened up a bit, and I think that's when she became the best version of herself, and it didn't take her long to figure that out. 

And all I wanted, all I wanted in the world, was for her to be mine. 

I loved the banter between these two. This is why enemies to lovers is my favorite kind of romance. I like it when two people are obviously attracted to each other, but love to try and fight it. The best dialogue was between the two of them, and it was fantastic. Their banter, and the way they tried to fight their attraction to each other, made for some pretty steamy scenes. 

Just like in the first book, the supporting characters helped make this story. I love the Bennet family so much, and their family dinners, and basically any family interaction throughout the story was so good. They were hilarious, and it really made you wish you could be a part of their family. 

It's no secret, I love Staci Hart. I love getting her ARC's, I love reviewing her books, I love reading her books, because I know they are never going to disappoint. This book is obviously a 5 STAR read for me. Staci did it again, and she does it with ease. This was a feel good read, and I loved everything about it. Pick up this, and all of her others, because I promise you aren't going to be disappointed. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Regretting You

Dismount

The Lineup