Fake It 'Til You Break It

"Maybe I can be different." 
"Maybe..you can be mine." 


Fake.
That’s what we are.
That’s what we agreed to be.


I thought it would be harder, convincing everyone our school’s star receiver was mine and mine alone, but we played our parts well.

So well, the lines between us began to blur until they disappeared completely.


The thing about pretending, though, someone’s always better at it, and by the time I realized my mistake, there was no going back.


I fell for our lie.
And then everything fell apart.

It turned out, he and I were never playing the same game.

He didn’t have to break me to win.
But he did it anyway.

Well, it looks like Meagan Brandy has done it again. I swear she was born to write these angsty high school romances. She knows how to make you swoon, and in the next breath rip your heart out and stomp on it. I also curse her out in every. single. book that I read, but don't worry that's a compliment. 

Listen, I didn't think I could love a Meagan heroine more than I did Raven, but Demi was amazing. Meagan is like the queen of writing these bad ass book heroines. Her leading ladies don't take any shit, and they don't let anyone walk all over them. That is one of my favorite things about Meagan Brandy's writing, the way she writes her women. Demi was so strong, she didn't think of herself that way, but I felt it. She didn't let people in on some of things going on in her life, so I was glad when she decided to open up to Nico. 

This is a problem because I no longer want to fake date Nico. I sort of want to keep him. 

Nico was amazing. Man, what a fantastic book boyfriend. He was grumpy and hard headed, but man did he love Demi. He would have literally walked to the ends of the earth for her, and she had no idea. He was a protector, and he wanted nothing but to be able to call her his. He had this take no shit attitude, and he was incredibly frustrating at times, but you couldn't help but love him. 

Holy cow these two had some chemistry. I seriously thought I was going to die if these two didn't get their shit together. It was a slooow slow burn, but in the best possible way. Meagan sure knows how to write some crazy sexual tension. 

When I think of her, I want more. When I touch her, I hate to stop. When I look at her, I see mine. I need her to feel the same. 

This book had some fantastic supporting characters. Demi & Nico had a great group of friends that added some humor to the story. There were also a few characters I could have lived without, but man did they add some great drama to the story. 

I'm not going to lie, I was worried that Meagan wouldn't be able to top her Brayshaw series. It was packed full of so much good stuff, I couldn't imagine she could do that again, I had nothing to worry about. This was a great standalone, she did a fantastic job with it, and I honestly can't wait to see what she does next. 

"I deserve someone who will love me hard, want me despite my mistakes, and appreciate who I am because of them." 

Overall, I'm giving this one 5 STARS. Meagan knocked it out of the park with a great standalone romance. It had everything I was looking for. The characters drove me crazy, the chemistry was off the charts, and it had a great story line. You won't regret picking this one up! 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Regretting You

Dismount

The Lineup