I Never Planned On You

I'd make her smile for the rest of my life if she'll let me one day.



Dani had her entire life planned out by the time she was thirteen. She was going to marry the boy who stole her heart – her brother’s best friend – have a great life, and live happily ever after. Then tragedy struck and Dani had to bury those childhood dreams in a pine box along with the love of her young life.

The memory of what she lost haunted her until she disappeared into the night, leaving behind everyone, and everything she’d ever known.



Years later, she returns home to find everything has changed. When she meets Kyler, there is something about him that gets past the walls around her heart. Will she let fear control her, or will she let go of the past and learn to love again?

It has been SO long since I was able to just read a book. I've had so many ARC's lately, and I can't remember the last time I just chose a book and read it for the fun of it. Stefanie is a new to me author, but apparently I've been seriously missing out. 

Dani had been through so much pain. At times, I wanted to be frustrated with her, but she was going through so much it was hard not to feel sympathetic towards her. Sometimes, I thought maybe she was being selfish in her grief, but then when I put myself in her shoes, I realized she was acting and feeling exactly how I imagine someone in her shoes would be acting. The character growth she had throughout the book was amazing. By the end of the book she was at a place in her life that I wasn't even sure she would ever reach. 

It's in that very moment when I realize that this girl...this girl is everything..my everything. She is my world. I would do anything for her. 

Is Kyler a saint? He might be. He is probably one of the most understanding and incredible book boyfriends I've ever read. His love for Dani made him patient and it made him kind. He wanted nothing more than to wait for her to be ready to be with him. Seriously, Stefanie wrote like the best man ever. 

This book was everything. It made me sad, it made me angry, it made me laugh, and it made me smile. I probably went through every emotion while reading, and I'm really sad that it took me this long to find this book and read it. If you are looking for an emotional, yet heartbreakingly beautiful read- this is the book for you. This may have been my first book by Stefanie, but it definitely won't be my last. 

This book is definitely getting 5 STARS from me. How could it not? It literally had all the makings for a fantastic read. You won't regret giving this one a chance, I know I didn't. 

I don't know how to be without him- I don't want to be without him. I didn't want him to go. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Regretting You

Dismount

The Lineup