Checkmate

Love is fragile, like glass. If you don't handle it with care, it will fall and break, leaving tiny little fragments in it's wake that you will be finding days later. 



I received an ARC of this book, from the author, for my honest review. 

I loved everything about this book. It had everything you need for a great read. It was suspenseful, it was steamy, and it kept me on the edge of my seat. Lindsey did such a great job of telling this story. She kept me intrigued the whole time, and it was almost as if I needed to buckle my seat belt for the wild ride. 

Play by the rules or change the game? Fuck. No one ever said that love was easy. 

First of all, Paige was amazing. She was a bad ass. She had her heart broken, and instead of wallowing in her grief, she used it to her advantage. She didn't take shit from anyone, and she wasn't afraid to tell you what she thought. She was in a world full of men, and she wasn't afraid. She climbed her way to the top and cemented herself there. 

I really loved that Joey was this big scary guy, but he really had the biggest heart when it came to Paige. He would have literally moved the sun and stars for her, and he wasn't afraid to tell her that every chance he got. He didn't care how long it took for her to figure out her feelings. He was like the ultimate book boyfriend, because he was a bad ass, but he was also a big softie. I loved that about him. 

I watch as the king brings the queen to her knees. 

I loved that even though this book was a romance, it also had so much more. There was an underlying story going on, the action had you on the edge of your seat, and the chemistry between the two of them was off the charts. Lindsey created this whole world and once I started reading I didn't want to stop. I couldn't wait to see what happened next. 

"Checkmate, big guy." Best checkmate of my fucking life. 

Overall this was a 5 STAR read for me. Lindsey created this amazing world, and pulled you in right from the start. She wrote this heroine that didn't take any shit, and a hero that would do anything for her. I was hooked from the first page. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Regretting You

Dismount

What's Left of Me