I Never Let You Go

This is the worst time for my head to let my heart take the lead. 



I received an ARC of I Never Let You Go for my honest review. 

I just recently discovered Stefanie thanks to a friend of mine. I read every single one of her books in record time and quickly fell in love with her stories. She has also become a friend of mine, and honestly I'm honored to know her. Stefanie has a way with words. She will pull you in to her stories right from the beginning. Her books are real, emotional, and they have the perfect amount of steaminess. Her characters are relatable, and it feels like you're hanging out with old friends when you're reading. 

Deep down in my heart, I am taken. 

Lauren was so broken. She loved Finn so hard, and then things happened and her life changed. She put a wall up around her heart, and she didn't want to give anyone the chance to hurt her again. She was so stubborn. I wanted to just shake her and be like "Girl, let him explain what happened." That was the thing I loved about her the most thought, she was just so real. Her feelings were genuine. If I were in the same situation she was, saw the things she saw, I would have reacted the same way. I would have tried to protect my heart at all costs like she did. 

"Lauren, I know exactly what I want, and when you figure out what you want, call me. I'm not going anywhere, I promise. 

Finn was amazing. He was so patient with Lauren. He had no doubts that she was it for him, and he had no problem waiting until she figured it out too. He went after what he wanted, and he wasn't afraid to put himself out there. He was just what Lauren needed to balance her out. He went above and beyond to prove to her how he felt, and I found that really admirable. 

I think what got to me the most from this story was all the lost time. How a misunderstanding can cause you to miss so much time with the person you love. That instead of running from your feelings you should face them head on. You should take those risks, have those hard conversations,and put yourself out there. I can't imagine losing 10 years with the person I love because I was too afraid to face them and find out the truth. That made me so sad for Lauren and Finn. It also makes that reunion so much sweeter. 

"I wished for you. I've always wished for you."

Stefanie has done it again, but it's no surprise to me. She is so good at telling these beautiful emotional stories, and making you feel something. She will make you cry when you weren't expecting to, and then make you laugh right after that. Her words flow so effortlessly and now that I've read every book she's written I can see that growth from one book to the next. I'm so glad to call her a friend, and even more honored to have read her books. She comes highly recommended by me! 

Overall, this story deserves 5 STARS. There is no way it couldn't. This love story was raw, and the emotions were real. Her books make me want to curl up on the couch with some wine and chocolate chip cookies 😉. Be prepared for some tears and laughs when you read one of her books. (You also might need a fan, because whew these books can get steamy.) I can't wait to see what Stefanie does next. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Regretting You

Dismount

What's Left of Me