Let's Get Textual

So glad I picked this book for my next read! It wasn't like anything I've read before, and it was so cute and funny! I was laughing out loud, and it was just what I needed! 



"Me: You'd have driven all the way here just to take me home?

Zach: In a damn heartbeat."

This is a story about Delia. The book starts off with her and her long time boyfriend, Caleb, breaking it off. The sizzle just wasn't there anymore, and they both realized that for a long time they have just been feeling more like friends rather than a couple. Delia gets a text from a wrong number that she assumes is her brother, and meanwhile Zach texts a number that he thinks is a client for his job. The texts between the two are HILARIOUS. Hands down the best part of this book. The two start off just innocently enough texting each other, and they eventually decide they want to take it to the next level. Add in a goat, a nosy roomate, and hilarity ensues. I flipping loved it. 

"This is the most forward thing I have ever said, but I would kiss you so hard if you'd let me."

"You make a fair point, but one of these days, Delia. I'm going to kiss the hell out of you." "One of these days, Zach, I'll let you."



Okay, these two have some heat that is off the charts. There is  scene, in the car, on the way to Zach's house, that was just about to melt my phone out of my hands. This book packs the punch in the sexual chemistry department. I was definitely feeling it. These two were clearly made for each other, and what I appreciated is that the author didn't make them work for it. They had a cute and sexy relationship, and she just gave you a peek into their lives. I liked that there weren't any doubts between the two of them, and they realized pretty quickly that they were meant to be. 

I really enjoyed Delia. She was sassy and she knew what she wanted and what she needed to do to get it. There was only one part in the whole book that I was like "REALLY, girl? REALLY?" I feel like she should have known better, but I understand the need for the teeny bit of drama. 



I loved Zach! What a fantastic book boyfriend. You know, hot, nerdy, and super sweet! He bought a baby goat for crying out loud! (You'll understand when you read..) He was just an all around good dude, there was no macho guy drama, he was just sincerely a nice guy. I thought that was a nice change from your typical romance book. 

"I could love you one day, Zach," I whisper against his mouth. "I think it's too late for me, Delia." 

Sometimes a romantic comedy book borders on being cheesy, but I didn't get that vibe from this book. I thought the parts with them texting were hilarious. The banter back and forth felt so real, and you could really see a connection forming. When they finally met, their chemistry was off the charts. I also really enjoyed the side characters. Zoe was a fantastic best friend/roommate for Delia.(I can't wait to read her book!) Zach's parents were hilarious, and I even enjoyed Caleb, Delia's ex! He was just a genuinely good dude also! 

Overall I'm giving this book 5 STARS. I flipping loved it! It had everything you need for a good book. Romance..check! Comedy...check! Page Melting chemistry..check check check! This was an easy read, and I would definitely recommend it! 


*All graphics found in a google search online.*

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Regretting You

Dismount

The Lineup