I Wanna Text You Up

It's official. I'm in love with Teagan Hunter, and her writing. Her books flow so well, they are so easy to read, and aside from being a bit steamy they also have a bit of humour. Books like this are slowly becoming my favorite. I love a good book full of angst, but there is just something about laughing out loud while reading a book. It makes me feel good. 


"When I put up a ROOMMATE WANTED poster, he was the last person on earth I thought would respond. He was also the last person on earth I'd agree to let live with me..on purpose. But, here we are--roommates. I'm certain we can coexist without it being awkward, and I'm determined to make it work. There will be no sexual tension building with each accidental touch, no flutters when he wears that stupid backward baseball cap, and definitely no flirting when we text back and forth. Caleb Mills can't be the guy for me. He's my best friend's ex-boyfriend. And that would be wrong..right?

"You mean I can't put my Lik-A-Stix in your Fun Dip? Open the gates of Mordor with Gandalf's staff? Slytherin to your Chamber of Secrets? Put my email in your spam folder?"

Zoe is hunting for a roommate because her best friend/roommate Delia moved out when she met the man of her dreams. What she wasn't expecting was for her best friends ex-boyfriend, Caleb to respond and need a place to live. She is attracted to him, but knows that your best friends ex is off limits, so she tries hard to resist his charm! But how long can they really keep their hands off each other? And will it really matter to Delia if they do or not?

"You're very opinionated about what I'm putting in my mouth."

I really enjoyed Zoe. She was sassy and wasn't afraid to tell someone what she wanted. She struggled with having feelings for Caleb, because he was Delia's ex, but I really appreciated that she went to her friend and talked to her about her feelings. That shows a real true friend right there, and I can respect that. I also liked that she was so easy going. She had a great sense of humor, she let alot of things just roll off her shoulders and she didn't let too much bother her. I like a girl that is no drama. 

"I don't argue. I tactfully sway your opinions in my favor."

"Caleb Mills is hot. Caleb Mills in a baseball cap? Hotter. Caleb Mills coaching baseball? Holy shit, hold my panties."

I loved Caleb! I think he is one of my favorite book boyfriends. He was confident, and had a certain swag. He was comfortable in his skin, and he wasn't afraid to let Zoe know how he felt. I like that he didn't have any girl drama, he was just simply laid back, a busy guy, but laid back and knew what he wanted. The two of them together was just the perfect match. The scenes with him trying to teach her how to cook were hilarious. He was so patient with her, even when she burnt water. 

"He brings his lips to my ear. "I'm going to marry the shit out of you one day, Zoe. Just wait."

I loved this love story, because there was no third party threatning to tear them apart. There wasn't any cheating, they just simply wanted to be together. The only thing coming between them was Delia, whatever Caleb had going on with his family. Having read this first book in this "series" I knew Delia wasn't going to have a problem with the two of them being together, but it really showed what kind of a friend Zoe was given how upset it made her when she started to develop feelings for Caleb. 

The sexual tension between these two was pretty page melting. Even their text messages were pretty steamy. Eventually, when they finally just kissed it was pretty hot. Teagan knows how to write the sexual tension very well! I was just dying for the two of them to get together. 

Overall, I'm giving this book 5 STARS. This is only the second book i've read by Teagan Hunter, but you better believe I will be reading all of them I can get my hands on! I recommend everyone picking this series up. The books have been so entertaining, and just the perfect amount of steaminess! 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Regretting You

Dismount

What's Left of Me