The Deal (Off-Campus, #1)

I did a buddy read with my book bestie(IG- #4theloveoftomes and 4theloveoftomes.blogspot.com/) on this one. It was a great choice. I've read some pretty heavy hitters lately, and while this one had a teensy bit of angst, it was a breezy read, and it made me feel good. I'm also going to include her review after mine! Check out her stuff, she's pretty amazing! 

"She's about to make a deal with the college bad boy..Hannah Wells has finally found someone who turns her on. But while she might be confident in every other area of her life, she's carting around a full set of baggage when it comes to sex and seduction. If she wants to get her crush's attention, she'll have to step out of her comfort zone and make him take notice..even if it means tutoring the annoying, childish, cocky captain of the hockey team in exchange for a pretend date..and it's going to be oh so good. All Garrett Graham has ever wanted is to play professional hockey after graduation, but his plummeting GPA is threatening everything he's worked so hard for. If helping a sarcastic brunette make another guy jealous will help him secure his position on the team, he's all for it. But when one unexpected kiss leads to the wildest sex of both their lives, it doesn't take long for Garrett to realize that pretend isn't going to cut it. Now he just has to convince Hannah that the man she wants looks a lot like him."

"I've never met anyone who sleeps with so many pillows. Maybe he needs them to cradle his massive ego."

Garrett Graham, hockey superstar, and campus man whore has flunked his ethics exam. He is at risk of ruining his hockey season if he doesn't figure out how to pass the next exam and take control of his average. He accidently finds out that fellow classmate Hannah Wells passed the exam with an A, and he is desperate for her help. The trouble is that for the first time in his life there is a girl running away from him. It seems nothing he offers interests her, until he finds out what does. She is interested in a guy, but has no idea how to get him to notice her, so the chaos begins. As it usual does in a enemies to friends to lovers story! 

"And it's not like we don't have any chemistry. We have so much of it we could inspire an entire R&B song."

I really enjoyed Hannah. She had been through alot in her life, but she was always trying to look at all the positives. She was doing well in school, she had her music, and now with Garrett's help she might actually get the guy. What she never expected was to find a friendship with Garrett Graham. I enjoyed the moments in the story when they were just hanging out and bantering back and forth. You could really see their connection growing. Hannah had a great head on her shoulders, and she really seemed to help keep Garrett grounded. 

"Hannah grins. "You're lucky I love you. Because you're a total asshole and there aren't a lot of girls who'd put up with it." She's probably right about the asshole thing. She's definitely right about the lucky part."

Oh Garrett, he was such a peach. The macho man that claimed he had no desire for a girlfriend really was a softy. Sure, he loved hockey, and it was important to him, but when he found Hannah it was nothing for him to realize how she could be even more important to him than hockey. I decide it might be time to reevaluate my stance on girlfriends. He was protective of her, even when he hadn't realized that he had feelings for her. One of my favorite parts of the book is when they went out for a night to celebrate one of his roommates birthdays, when you read the book you will know what I mean, he is pretty fantastic. I know you're into me, Wellsy. And I'm definitely into you. Would it really be so bad if we made this thing official. 

There were so many ways this story could have went, so many potential problems could have arised, but I really like the fact that the author didn't go for any of the obvious choices. It just ended up being a really nice, sexy, fun read. This was a great read to buddy up with my book bestie. We both breezed through it, and I really enjoyed myself. 

"Sometimes people sneak up on you and suddenly you don't know how you ever lived without them. How you went about your day and hung out with your friends and fucked other people without having this one important person in your life."

Overall, I'm giving this one a solid 4 STARS. This was a fun read. The chemistry was great, the banter between the two main characters was funny, and it was just a nice breezy read. I enjoyed it, and I will most definitely read the rest of the books in the series. 

Now keep reading below and check out my book bestie Brittany's review! I can't wait to do another buddy read!

4 Stars!!!
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

”Sometimes people sneak up on you and suddenly you don’t know how you ever lived without them.”

Buddy read with my Fabulous friend Nikki from @njpennybooks (IG)

Hannah Wells is super smart and focused on her music, getting through school, and holding it all together.



There is only one area she is struggling in, and not just anyone can help her with that. Garrett is the captain of the hockey team, and a ladies man. He’s not interested in relationships since his whole focus is hockey and going pro.



Until he fails an ethics exam, which puts a damper in his plans. He has to pass in order to play in the next game coming up. So his hunt for a tutor brings him to Hannah, the only person who passed the Exam. The only problem is Hannah doesn’t fall for Garrett’s charms - and refuses to help him.

“Unbelievable. Every girl at this college would cut her frickin’ arm off to help me out. But this one? Runs away like I just asked her to murder a cat so we could sacrifice it to Satan.”

But Garrett is persistent so Hannah eventually caves. They become best friends real quick, and make a deal in exchange for the tutoring . But THE DEAL changes everything!!

This was my first time reading a book by this author. When I first started I wasn’t sure I would like it. It was a little cheesy in the beginning but after a couple chapters I was hooked. I was completely addicted and invested. I’m really late on reading this one, but I’m in it now and look so forward to the rest of this series and the spin off.

Hannah was a great female lead. She was smart, driven and focused. Even with the tragedy she has faced in her past, she is absolutely resilient and strong. Garrett is 100% a cinnamon bun!! I just adored him he wasn’t an ass- he was just special. I loved them together and their chemistry and banter was amazing.

This was completely a guilty pleasure read. Just a fun and sexy book without worries of world building or anything major to follow. It flowed nicely and just makes you smile. It’s a rainy day here, and this book was perfect for the blues. Not too heavy and not filled with fluff. If you're looking for something that puts a smile on your face and gives all the feels... Look no further than this heartwarming little gem <3



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Regretting You

Dismount

The Lineup