Back to You

Because I'm Certain: I've just met the girl I'm going to spend the rest of my life with. 



They say you never forget your first love. Clearly, they haven't tried hard enough. I've spent five years forgetting about Christopher Hastings. His gentle touch? A distant memory. Those gorgeous hazel eyes? Long gone. The sparks that flew when we kissed?  Wiped from my mind. Now my life is going exactly the way I want it to. I landed a teaching job at my old elementary school. I'm happy again. Everything's perfect. Imagine my surprise when I find out my school's gym teacher is none other than Christopher Hastings. Cue panic attack. But it doesn't matter how good he fills out those basketball shorts- I've moved on. At least that's what I keep telling myself. If only my heart would get the memo. They say you never forget your first love, and it looks like Christopher is determined to make sure I never forget mine. 

I received an ARC of this book from the author for my honest review. This is the second ARC I've received from Kristen, and I hope she doesn't stop sending them to me anytime soon. Her books are so fantastic! 

This book had everything a good book has. It made me laugh, it made me tear up, and it was so heartwarming. I've written a lot of reviews, and sometimes I like a book with a lot of steamy scenes, if the book needs them, and sometimes I'll read a book that doesn't have any it and I love it just the same. This one one had one steamy scene, but man that is all it needed. I didn't even miss it, I found myself rapidly turning the pictures to see what was going to happen, and I didn't even care that it was a slow slow burn. The book was so well written, and so funny that it didn't need anything else. 

I LOVED Michelle. I mean, I was so angry at her sometimes, because there were some things that were so obvious to me that I just wanted to reach my hands through the screen and shake her and be like "WAKE UP WOMAN!" But I put myself in her shoes, and I have a feeling I would have been acting the same way. I loved that Christopher hurt her, but she didn't immediately go running back into his arms. She stood her ground and protected her feelings, and I really liked that about her. 

"Listen to what your heart is telling you, and don't be afraid to go after it."

Christopher was the best. He was absolutely hysterical. I laughed so many times at him, the thoughts that went through his head, and the things he said to people. I hope she wears sunscreen. Down here in Florida, SPF is important. Why the fuck am I thinking about sunscreen? Maybe Damon's right..Something's wrong with me. While he was absolutely ridiculous sometimes, he loved fiercely. He loved Aiden, and he loved Michelle, and he didn't care who knew it. He wasn't afraid to let people see his feelings and I really liked that about him. 

Aiden was the best. He told you exactly how it was, and I loved that he did so many things to try and scheme and get the two of them together. He added an extra little bit to the story that really made it so much better. 

I also loved Michelle's dad and brothers. They were the best, they were hysterical, and you could tell that they would pretty much do anything for Michelle. I liked that tight knit family bond they had. I also loved seeing all the characters from Hating the Boss, I love that book so much, and it was nice to see those characters again in a different perspective. 

Overall, I'm giving this one 5 STARS. Kristen is killing it at these romantic comedies. She makes me laugh, without trying to hard. She also writes characters that are relateable and lovable. I loved everyone in the book, and I really loved the story. I can't wait to see what Kristen does next! 

"But some would say it's better to give love a second chance than to never try at all."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Regretting You

Dismount

The Lineup