The Lineup

No matter your limitations, there's always a spot for you in the lineup.


Want to know a secret? It's about that girl over there. Don't look, but she's the one in the power suit- with the long, black hair and the serious expression, the one I'm about to go on a date with...Yeah, according to her, she "accidentally" donated an obscene amount of money to my charity- The Lineup- to win said date but I found out the truth. Miss. Button Up Blouse has a secret, passionate crush on me. I didn't know her name until two days ago, despite the friends we have in common. Was i oblivious? Probably. Was I blind to it? Definitely. But I'm no fool, I see it now. The High Heel Harlot wants more than just a date with Jason Orson, she wants to be able to claim the best butt in baseball as hers. Here's another secret..she has no idea I know. 

It's no secret that I love Meghan Quinn. Every time I read an angst filled book, a heart breaker, or a thriller she is the first author I turn to make me feel better. Her books ALWAYS make me laugh out loud, make me swoon, and just make me feel good when I'm finished with one. 

The Lineup is by far my FAVORITE Meghan book yet. And that's saying something, because I have loved all of her books I've read. This one had me laughing out loud so many times. 

No lie, Jason is my FAVORITE book boyfriend, ever. He was seriously the best. He was hysterical, he was romantic, he was like every girls dream guy. He was a goofball, but he had a soft side, and he wasn't afraid to wear his feelings on his sleeve. I cannot gush over him enough, he was seriously the most well written book boyfriend I've ever came across, and I read a lot of books. 

Fuck, this is almost too good to be true. I found her. My woman. My future. 

I wasn't sure about Dottie. She had a huge wall up, and I didn't want her to hurt my man, wish I was joking when I said that, but I'm not. She had been burned before, and instead of allowing someone to do that to her again, she built up a wall and refused to let anyone inside. She was a workaholic, and actually the exact opposite of Jason. Where he was playful and fun, she was uptight. I think he was just what she needed in her life to loosen her up a bit. 

I love this series of standalones so much, the characters are SO good, and I love that they all continue to make appearances in each of the books. This friendship group is fantastic, and their dynamic is hysterical. The text messages and conversations between the guys were some of the best parts of this book. 

These two had some hot hot hot chemistry. My favorite expression to use when the book has some really good steamy scenes is that they were melting the Kindle, these two definitely melted the Kindle. 

Overall, I'm giving this one 5 STARS. This is hands down, my favorite Meghan Quinn book so far. This book had everything you need. It made me laugh, it made me swoon, it even made me teary eyed. The thing I love best about Meghan is that even when she breaks your heart, she always puts it back together, and it helps that she makes you laugh along the way. Jason was seriously one of the best characters I've read in a book in a long time. I couldn't get enough of him! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dismount

Regretting You