I Never Expected You

The beauty of us came from the ashes of our loss. 

I had been in such a reading rut during this quarantine, and it was a such a bummer because I have all this extra time, it would be the perfect opportunity to read. 

Then I found Stefanie. This is the second book of her's I have read, and I'm about to start the 3rd. I love her words. Her books are heartbreaking, but they are real. She knows how to make you feel all the emotions the characters are feeling, and she can really make you connect to her story. 

I loved Haylee and Zach in the first book, so I was really excited when I found out they had their own book. They had both been through so much, and their pain brought them together. I loved that. It goes to show you that even when you are losing hope, and you feel like giving up, you can still find love when you're in a dark place. 

"Sometimes, we need to take a moment and escape the chaos to remember that it's just you and me. Never forget that." 

I like how their story mixed in with Dani & Kyler's story and you got to see what was happening between those two from a different point of view. I think the connecting stories really helped you feel closer to these characters. It was almost like you were apart of their lives too. I quickly became invested. 

Stefanie has gained a fan of me for life now. Her books have been full of love, loss, hope, and some heat. Everything you could possibly want from a good romance book wrapped up into one. I can't wait to dive into book 3, and then I can wait impatiently for the next book to come out. 

Overall, I'm giving this one 5 STARS. I think Stefanie does an excellent job of pulling you into her stories, and making you feel like your hanging out with old friends. You become invested in these families and their relationships. She knows how to make you laugh and make you cry, and it really doesn't get much better than that. 

I also went straight to Amazon and bought paperback copies of this book and the next one, because I'm probably a fan girl now. 

"That's right. You were always meant to be mine." 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Regretting You

Dismount

What's Left of Me