A little something something about me..

Let me just start this off by saying I have no idea what I'm doing. This is definitely a work in progress. I love books, I love talking about books, I love recommending books, and I love giving my opinion on books. I figured what better way to do that then with a book review blog! 

I guess if your here you might want to know a little more about me, you also might not really give a crap, but we're here and i'm going to tell you anyway. The basics are that I'm Nikki. I'm 31 (for 6 more days) I have 4 great kids, that keep me busier than I've ever been in my life. And a pretty great boyfriend of 10 YEARS, who has given me some knowledge about sports I would never know otherwise, just like I try to give him knowledge of books. (against his will.)

  I would say my love of reading started early, in grade school. My school used to take "field trips" to the library every month. Most kids did not consider this a field trip, but I sure did. I wanted to stay there for hours, wandering around, browsing books. I loved the smell of a library, the quiet of the library, and the feeling you got when you found a book that just spoke to you. By the time I reached about 5th grade my love of reading had really started to grow. I had an English teacher that had us read The Diary of Anne Frank, it was for a unit we were doing on the Holocaust, but the book has been with me ever since. It is by far one of my all time favorite books. At that age I was at the library checking out all the Babysitters Club books, Sweet Valley High, Goosebumps, you name it. It felt like I had read every book the library had to offer me. By high school, unfortunately, my love of reading kind of got put on the back burner. There were more important things to do, you know. As an adult that love has came back! I am constantly reading. I read everything. I love all genres, I will pretty much give anything a try. I carry a book in my purse, along with my kindle. I have the kindle app on my phone and my nose is constantly in a book. Sometimes several at the same time. My TBR list gets longer and longer every day. I add more before I even have a chance to finish one on the list. 

Something a lot of people don't know about me, is that my love of reading has grown into a love of writing. This summer I started writing my first book. I'm about 35,000 words in, and still going. This story just came to me over the summer and I had to do something with it. It's a work in progress, but I'm getting there. 

I hope if your here, and your reading this, something caught your eye and you will decide to come back. I have already read SO many books that I would love to review on here, but I figure the best place to start is with the last book I read. Occasionally I might pop on here and do something more than a book review, who knows maybe soon I can post an excerpt from MY book. I'm just asking to give me a shot, don't be quick to judge, because like I said I am SO new at this. I promise I'll get better...well I better not promise that..NO PROMISES..but I sure will TRY to get better! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Regretting You

Dismount

The Lineup