Boys of Brayshaw High

I feel like I have been choosing some REALLY good reads lately, because the reviews just keep coming. I got lucky with this one because I won an advanced copy from the author! I was at like 20% of this book yesterday morning and then I could NOT put it down. This is my FAVORITE kind of YA romance type book...you know the ones where there are no parents and these kids just come and do as they please. Umm yes! There is always so much trouble these kids find themselves in, and I love it! 

                                       Boys of Brayshaw High by Meagan Brandy

First I have to say that I LOVE this cover. I love the colors, and it is so perfect for the story. This is my second book by Meagan and she is amazing! Her books are the kind that suck you in and keep you wanting more. I think it a post on Facebook I compared it to crack, and that is so accurate. Book crack. I could NOT put it down. I had to know what was going to happen in this story and I was NEVER disappointed. 

I have to say that after just reading two of Meagans book I can see that she loves to have a strong fierce female character and I absolutely love that. Raven was the sassiest book character I've ever came across. When I say she didn't put up with any shit, that's exactly what I mean. She told you exactly what she was thinking all the time. 

The book starts off with a literal bang, when Raven smacks a girl in the cafeteria with her lunch tray, for comparing her to her mother. Raven's mom is a real winner. They live in the trailer park, and she's a whore. She hates Raven because all the men she brings home seem more interested in Raven then they do her. After the incident with the lunch tray Raven is packed up and moved to a foster home. This is where the "boys of brayshaw high" come in. They are the top dogs of the high school, basically of the whole town, Raven gets on their bad side rather quickly. She has a problem with not being able to keep her mouth shut when she should, but that's just a trait that you learn to love about her. 


I loved the boys. They were very tight knit. When they decided to bring Raven under their wing (definitely unwilling on her part at first) I loved that they expanded their brotherhood to include her in it. Royce & Captain were great side characters, and I'm hoping later in the series they will have bigger roles. There is definite potential there for the two of them to have some great story lines. Maddoc was a great book boyfriend. My favorite kind. The kind that have an edge, they are rude as hell, but will do whatever they can to take care of you. 

The sexual tension between Maddoc & Raven was off the charts. I literally thought I was going to die if the two of them didn't get their shit together. By the time it happened I'm pretty sure I had melted into a puddle in the floor because the heat when they were together was so HOT. They were perfect together, and I'm pretty sure everyone knew it, but them. <--Well let me rephrase that, everyone knew it but Raven, Maddoc was just waiting for her to finally see it. And the sexy scenes are HOT HOT HOT

                                       Image by: Sarah, Musings of the Modern Belle
                                                 Found on the authors Facebook page

Beyond the high school drama, and the sexual tension this book has some more elements of mystery added to it. I can see this series is going to be pretty fantastic. I can't wait to read more. 

Before I go on with my final rating, can we talk about that ending? WTF How are you gonna do that to me Meagan? I was literally yelling at the book...WHAT. A. CLIFFHANGER. And please tell me she isn't going to do what I think she's about to do! 

This book is a solid 5 STARS. 5 PLUS PLUS STARS. I loved it. It had everything you want in a good YA romance book. Overflowing with drama, mystery, and sexual tension that seriously melts the pages off the book. You will not be disappointed. This will definitely not be the last book I read from Meagan, she has put herself in the top of my author list with this one. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Regretting You

Dismount

The Lineup