Bring Down the Stars

First off let me say, I hate this book. That's a lie. I loved it. I loved it so much, and I am so so angry with it right now. It's been a long time since I felt a range of emotions like that while reading a book. Also, my book buddy would not give me ANY spoilers, even when I desperately texted her begging for them, so that really sucked. haha This one was good guys. So stinking good. 

"Do you know why the dawn is so beautiful, Autumn? Dad asked. Because every day is another chance for something amazing. You just have to be ready for it." 



This book was everything. It completely ripped my heart out and just left it laying on the floor. I thought I was going crazy, and at one point I wanted to just give up and call it quits, because I just didn't think I could take it anymore. These characters were everything. This would make one epic movie. And I think this is hands down one of the best books I've read in a while, and I've read so so many good ones lately. I enjoy Emma Scott, this isn't my first book of hers, and I will definitely continue to seek her books out. Thank goodness this has a second book, and I read the duet a little late, because I don't have to sit around and wait for a new one to come out. I'm diving right in. 

"I wouldn't touch you so quickly, I thought. I'd wait. Draw it out. Build up the moment so that when it happens- when each of us feels the other's skin for the first time- it'll be something sublime. something earned."

The poetry in this book was amazing. I'm not a big poetry person, but it was so good in this story, and it was so important. The writing was beautiful. I felt like the poems were being written for me, and I think I understood what Autumn was feeling when she read those words. 




"Sometimes the heart hides behind the mind."

I loved all of these characters. Autumn was so kind, almost too nice, she had trouble trusting because she had been burned before. When she let someone in she loved fiercely, and I loved that about her. Weston was quiet, and angry, but i've never came across a book character that was so loyal to his friend. What kind of a friend gives up their own chance at happiness for the friend? At first, I didn't like Connor. I thought he was selfish and arrogant, but as the book continues on you see there is more than meets the eye, and you can understand why Weston wanted to take care of him, and be there for him. 

"What happened that made you feel you don't deserve anything good for yourself?"

The characters make some questionable choices that really broke my heart. I won't tell you the whole thing, because you need to dive into that on your own, but when Connor joins the military to show his parents that he is responsible, and Wes joins right after to protect him, I felt like my heart just cracked in half. What kind of a person willingly joins the military to protect their friend, because their friend made a questionable decision in the heat of the moment? Wes is an amazing character. He will go down as one of my favorites. 

This does have a bit of a love triangle, but not in the way you think. I don't want to give too much away, but it's really heartbreaking. My heart was torn in half, and it just ached for these characters. 


"I would bring down the stars for her.."

Overall, i'm giving this book 5 MASSIVE STARS. This book was amazing. It completely absorbed me, and I can't wait to dive into book 2. And the prologue in this one with absolutely tear you apart. This is by far worth the read. This will go into my list of top 10 book recommendations from now on! Trust me when I say this is one that can't be missed! 



*all images found in a google search*


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Regretting You

Dismount

The Lineup