The Perfect Girlfriend

Thanks to NetGalley and the author, Karen Hamilton, for the advanced copy of this book! This book is set to release on March 26,2019! 

I've been reading ALOT of romance lately, so I figured it was time to switch it up to a psychological thriller. While romances are my favorite, I definitely enjoy being creeped out! I like the creepy books that make you think you stepped into an episode of Criminal Minds. 



This book is about Juliette/Lily/Elizabeth, whatever name you decide to call her. She is a flight attendant, who at first read seems to be trying to get her life in order to try and get her ex boyfriend back. The start of the book makes you realize she has encountered some traumatizing event, but she seems normal at first. She is not. She is bat shit crazy, and you soon find out she will go to some pretty extreme lengths to get her ex, Nate, back. 

Juliette was pretty insane, and it didn't take me long to figure it out. I felt so bad for Nate, and I was thoroughly creeped out at the things she did without him even noticing. It wasn't just Nate that she did weird things to either, it was pretty much everyone in her life. The girl was a psycho, but she was a psycho disguised as a pretty normal, attractive woman. She had been through two pretty traumatic things in her life, which I was lead to believe made her act the way she did, but towards the end of the book I realized that maybe she really just was a crazy person. 

Like I said before, I felt bad for Nate, at first. I couldn't even imagine having someone going to such great lengths to stalk and put themselves back in my life. About 70% into the book you find out some interesting information about him that you weren't aware of in the beginning of the book that kind of made me see him in a different light. I, in no way shape or form, felt like he deserved the stuff she did to him, but he was definitely not just an innocent bystander. He wasn't the "great guy" she made him out to be throughout the book. 

I liked the book, and I definitely felt like there were more than a few times that some stuff that was happening made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up, but I just wish it had a little more. There were some parts of the book that seemed like they really drug on, and I just really wish there was a little more creepiness going on. The author went into a lot of detail about the lives of pilots and flight attendants, which was interesting, but I just wish there would have been more thriller, and less about the flying. It kind of felt like the story You by Caroline Kepnes, only switch the leads and add in the flying. I really enjoyed that story, and this one was good also. It definitely made you think about the age of technology we live in and how many people could be watching you without you even realizing it. 

Overall, I'm giving this book 3.5 STARS. It was a good read, and it definitely had the creep factor going on, I guess I just wanted it to be a little more than it was. This is the authors first release, so I will definitely seek her out again for another book! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Regretting You

Dismount

The Lineup