How To Date A Douchebag: The Studying Hours (Book 1)

Sara Ney is a new author to me, and I don't know where she has been my whole life. I loved every bit of this book. It was funny, steamy, with some sexual chemistry that was just out of this world, pretty much everything you want/need in a good romance book! I will definitely pick up more of her books. (Let's be real here, probably all of them.)


"CRUDE, ARROGANT, ASSHOLE. No doubt about it, Sebastian 'Oz' Osborne is the university's most celebrated student athlete- and possibly the biggest douchebag. A walking, talking cliché, he has a filthy mouth, a fantastic body, and doesn't give a shit about what you or anyone else thinks. SMART, CLASSY, CONSERVATIVE. Make no mistake, Jameson Clarke may be the university's most diligent student- but she's no prude. Spending most of her time in the hallowed halls of the library, James is wary of pervs, jocks, and doucebags- and Oz Osborne is all three. She's smart, sarcastic- and not what he expected. ..EVERY DOUCHEBAG HAS HIS WEAKNESS. He wants to be friends. He wants to spend time with her. He wants to drive her crazy. He wants...Her."

"Shhh," she admonishes. "Quiet please. When you talk, it makes me want to slap some sense into you."

This one pulled me in right away, I did not like Oz, at first, I was thinking man the title doesn't lie he really is a grade A douche. He and his friends were making some pretty rude comments about Jameson, and I was just thinking this guy surely can't have many redeeming qualities. The book starts with Oz and his friends in the library and the guys betting him that he can't get Jameson, "the nerd", to kiss him. They bet him $500, and he desperately needs the money, so he agrees. Fortunately for him Jameson has a sense of humor and she is willing to play along, for half of the money, of course. Their "friendship blossoms from there, and it's a pretty fantastic one. The banter these two have is hilarious. Their sexual chemistry is off the charts, and I enjoyed reading and trying to figure out if they were ever going to get their shit together, and realize they would be perfect together. 


"A compliment coming from Jameson Clark somehow feels like winning at life."

I loved Jameson. She was sassy, smart, and sarcastic. She was the perfect fit for Oz because she didn't put up with any of his crap. She didn't let him talk dirty to her without telling him what she thought about it, and she didn't immediately fall all over him like all the other girls on campus. She really was a great friend to him, and continued to show her support to him no matter what was going on between them. I liked her no nonsense attitude. 

"God that asshole is gorgeous."

I will not lie, at first I did not care of Oz. I was thinking that I didn't know how the author was going to make him redeeming to me. He was just such a jerk. He wasn't even a misunderstood jerk, he was just a plain old jerk. About halfway through the book I got over thinking he was a jerk, and started to fall in love with him! What I really liked about his book was as soon as he and Jameson started their "friendship", it didn't take him to long to just pretty much forget about all the other girls on campus. I liked that for once the angst in a book wasn't coming from some third party, but rather the two main characters just needing to get their shit together. 

"But the real reason I want you to stay?" I draw out the sentence, emphasizing the last few words. "You're the only girl on this campus I have any respect for."

Their romance is not immediate. They don't just fall in love on the spot and things get steamy right away. Oh no, the author really makes you work for this one. This is definitely a slow and torterous burn. The sexual chemistry between the two of them was INSANE. Absolutely agonaizing. And Sara is SO good at writing it, it felt like I was going through it with them. I just know I was thinking if these two don't do something soon I'm going to combust. There were two scenese in particular that stand out to me, when you read this you will see what i'm talking about. One scene takes place in a cabin on a ski trip, and one at the batting cages. If you don't think batting cages can be sexy, then apparently you haven't been with Oz and Jameson, Good Lord

"Brace yourself Jim; I'm going to date the shit out of you."

Overall I'm obviously giving this one 5 STARS. I was speed reading through this one because I was so invested in their story. This wasn't insta-love, they both tortured themselves and each other before they finally got it together, and I just really loved the characters. This will definitely not be my last read by Sara. 

"And when the time comes and I ask her to marry me and have cardigan wearing babies? She's going to say yes."





*all graphics found through a google search, I can not take credit for making them.*





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Regretting You

Dismount

The Lineup