Baby Mine

This was my first book by Kennedy Fox, and I was not disappointed. This book made me feel so much. So many conflicting feelings. It was absolutely a beautifully written story. 



"I saw her first. Blonde. Gorgeous. Feisty. I was smitten. But it didn't matter because she chose him and he was my best friend and roommate. I'd never be able to compete with that, so I pushed her away instead. It was easy when she lived hours away, and I didn't have to see her every day, but then she moved in with us. Now, I'm screwed. To her singing in the shower every morning, dancing in the kitchen while she makes coffee, and doing yoga in our living room, I can't stop thinking about her in all the wrong ways. She's not mine and never will be, but that doesn't stop me from wanting to push her against a wall and claim her mouth. She's constantly on me for making messes, bringing chicks home every weekend, and being a smartass when their PDA gets on my nerves. Considering neither of them know how I feel, it's not fair for the way I act toward them. I should move out so I can get over her for good; however, the selfish part of me can't let go. And then the unthinkable happens..When my best friend dies in a motorcycle accident, the two of us are left to grieve our loss together. Instead of pushing her away, I pull her closer. Just as we come to terms with our new reality, she finds out she's pregnant with his baby. And I'm left to make the hardest decision of my life."

There are no words. No words to describe the emotions this book pulled in me. Lennon and Brandon were the perfect couple. You could just feel their love in the words written, just as you could feel the pain that Hunter was feeling by having to watch their love every single day. There was so much pain in this book, but with that pain there was also love. Sometimes it was hard to swallow, I felt so bad for Hunter, I wanted to be able to take the pain he was feeling away from him, and then when they both lost the person that meant the most to them I wished I could take away that pain for the both of them. It was so devastating.

I really enjoyed Lennon. She was so blissfully happy. She loved her life, her boyfriend, her family, and her job. She really seemed to have it all going for her. The only wrench in her life was Hunter, he just loved to make her life a living hell. She couldn't figure out why he hated her so much, but she also loved Brandon so much she learned how to live with it. When she lost Brandon it felt like a piece of her died. The only person in the world that understood that pain was the one person she never thought she would have to turn to for comfort. I thought Lennon was a great character. So much was thrown at her in such a small amount of time, but she handled it gracefully. 

"Two people bound by grief. Two people who can never be together. Two people who need each other more than ever."

There are no words for how freaking amazing Hunter was. What a man. Not even what a man, what a human being. I can't even imagine living every day with the woman you so desperately love, and standing by and watching her be in love with your best friend. I don't know how he put himself through that. And then, when Brandon dies, he is not only grieving his best friend, but also trying to help Lennon heal, all while dealing with the love that he has bottled up inside for her. I was so angry at the world for him. I just desperately wanted him to be happy. I wanted something to go right for him, and I wanted him to finally feel at peace. 

I felt so much emotion for these two characters. I can't even imagine the feelings they were having, the guilt they were feeling, and the love they were both so desperately trying to push away. Hunter stepped up and stepped in to help Lennon and went above and beyond what any other person would do. He was so in love with her, but didn't want her to find out. He also didn't know how to deal with the guilt he was feeling for still being alive and being in love with his dead best friends girlfriend. Their whole situation was heartbreaking, and it just really tore me up inside. 

"In another life, she and the baby are mine. As my eyes grow heavy, I'm smothered by the truth of our situation but force myself to fall asleep anyway."

Overall, I don't know how this one can get anything other than 5 STARS. This book made me feeling everything. It made me angry, happy, and sad. I cried for these characters and I felt their pain. This was a beautifully written story, and I can't wait to see how it ends in the next book. But let's not discuss that ending, because REALLY!!!???

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Regretting You

Dismount

The Lineup