Choosing You (Pierced Hearts Duet #2)

So, now that I've read and finished book 2 I understand the first book SO. MUCH. MORE. (See my last review) 



"A single glance. A fleeting moment. A solitary touch could make everything worth it. This was my breaking point. This was where I lost myself completely. I did the only thing that made sense. The only thing I had left to give. I begged her..To take me with her. Book 2: The conclusion to The Pierced Hearts Duet"

"I know I'll never be able to live up to your once-in-a-lifetime love, and I don't want to feel like I'm here because she isn't." 

All the confusion and frustrating I was feeling while reading book 1 of this duet, is completely gone now. This book was fantastic. It answered everything I was confused about, and more. It had heart, humor, heat, and emotion. It was beautifully written and the characters really developed for me. 

"You're reaching, Camila." "You called me Camila, not Mary Poppins. Hashtag progress." "You really need to stop watching Mean Girls." "I'm not a regular nanny." I smirked, winking. "I'm a cool nanny."

The kids really shined in this one for me. I enjoyed watching Jackson grow, sure he was still hateful and spiteful, but you started to put the pieces together and see what was really going on there, it made me understand him even more. I loved the scenes with Journey dancing, and really showing how much love and life Camila had breathed into her life. I liked the mystery surrounding Jagger, he knew things no one else understood, and he was so much smarter than anyone even realized. 

"For the first time in my life, I'm struggling with the reality that maybe you're allowed to love more than one person in a lifetime. That maybe you're allowed to have more than one soulmate."

The theme I got from this book was that while there are soulmates out there, if something has happened don't lose hope, because there is the chance that you will love more than one person in your life, that you might have more than one soulmate. I was happy that we finally found out how Aiden and Bailey's story ended, and how Aiden and Camila came to be. It wasn't without some shock, because while some of it I figured out, it still managed to blow my freaking mind. The one curveball was one I NEVER saw coming. 

"Yes. I love her. I've always loved her, and you have too. It's why I chose her for you."

Overall, this one is definitely getting a full 5 STARS. This book was amazing. It was heartfelt, it was funny, and it was painful, but it was beautiful. I'm glad I read these books because they were pretty darn amazing, and now I have a new author to seek out, because I can't wait to see what's in store for Jackson & Harley. 

"If I'd learned one important lesson in all of this, it's not about the love story, it's about the journey of making all your dreams come true. It's hard. At times unfair. However, where there was hope, there were prayers. Where there was hurt, there was happiness."

"This was the beginning of OUR love story."


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Regretting You

Dismount

The Lineup