The Trouble With Love

I was provided an ARC of this book from the author and Social Butterfly PR. I've really enjoyed Claire Contreras books in the past, so when I saw an ARC sign up for this one I jumped on it! The book was set to release on May 15, but was released early and is NOW AVAILABLE! And this cover is TO DIE FOR



"Things on my wishlist:

1. Start a new, awesome job.
2.Create the perfect dating app
3. Stop dating douchebags

Things that actually happen:

1.Got a job in my dream tech company
2. Created a workplace dating app for said company
3. Was matched with Bennett, who happens to own the company and is also my brother's best friend. 

They say when it rains, it pours, but this is some serious BS. It doesn't help that Bennett was the man I had my last one night stand with. It definitely doesn't help that he seems to want me just as much as I want him. The issue is, he won't do anything about it, but then we're forced to attend a tech conference in Vegas and I think it may just be what I need to turn this thing around. 

New Goal:

get my brother's best friend out of my system by all means necessary."

This was a great read, I really enjoyed the blurb and it's what had my interest peaked enough to sign up for an ARC copy. I love the whole brother's best friend romance, because usually these people are sneaking around when nine times out of ten the brother ends up being excited about it, after the initial shock wears off. 


"The more time I spend with her, the clearer it becomes that rather than stopping myself from falling what I'm doing is bracing myself for impact."


I loved Morgan. She was this beautiful, smart, independent woman who knew exactly what she wanted in life, and had no issue going after it. She was attracted to Bennett and didn't try to hide it or push the feelings aside. She knew that it was a tricky situation given that he was kind of her boss, and also her brother's best friend, but she also knew she was attracted to him and didn't really want anything to stand in the way of that. She had been through ALOT in her life, but still managed to be a pretty successful woman. I was only irritated with her once, and it involved Bennett's ex wife. I feel like she jumped the gun and didn't give him much of a change to explain, but I could understand where she was coming from. 

Bennett was a great character. He was successful, and driven. He didn't have a great experience in the love department, but that didn't stop him from pursuing Morgan. I liked that he wanted to show her off and basically announce it tot he world that she was his. He had no intentions of falling in love or getting in a relationship, but he didn't really hesitate when he found himself doing just that with Morgan. 

"More like a confirmation that you're mine.
Am I? I tilt my face to meet his eyes.
I hope you are.
And what would that make you?
Yours, obviously.
Obviously. I love the sound of that."

I enjoyed this story a lot. It was a great love story. Not heavy on the angst, steamy, and the characters were great and relatable. Aside from Bennett's ex wife everyone in the story was likeable, and I found myself just wrapped up in their world. 

Overall, I'm giving this one 5 STARS. I love Claire, she writes beautifully. This story had humor, steaminess, great characters, and a lot of charm. If you haven't read anything from Claire before I suggest you give her a shot, she has some pretty fantastic books, and this one is no exception. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Regretting You

Dismount

The Lineup