A Pizza My Heart

Oh, I just love a good Teagan Hunter book. Her sassy, comedic, and steamy writing always makes for the perfect combination in a book. This past year I have fallen in love with the Romantic Comedy book, and she played a HUGE part in that when I stumbled upon her Texting series. <--Go run and check those out..seriously, laugh out loud funny, and you can't put them down! A Pizza My Heart was no different, it was another great Teagan Hunter read. This book releases on JUNE 20TH and it comes HIGHLY recommended by me! So make sure you get yourself a copy!



"Most people would probably be embarrassed to land themselves back in their hometown and working at a pizzeria after an ugly divorce. Not me. It's home, and I have one last shot to make Wren Daniels see me as more than just her brother's best friend. When the opportunity to show her what's been right in front of her this whole time presents itself, I take it, holding nothing back this time. Wren thinks we're pretending, but there's nothing fake about the way I feel. After all, she's always had...a pizza my heart."

"I'm gonna date you so hard, Wren."
Not fake date me.
Date me.

Foster has moved back to his hometown after a horrible divorce, he isn't ashamed, he's excited. He finally has that chance to convince Wren that he's the one for him, even though she's the reason he left all those years ago. What starts out as Wren helping a "friend" by fake dating him to get him back into the game, ends up with Foster desperately trying to see if Wren feels anything like he feels.

The thing I love about Teagan's writing is that her characters are so relatable. They are hilarious, they are awkward, and they say and do things that everyone does. She makes you love these people, and not just the main characters, it's always every character in the book. And nothing makes me feel better than laughing (and also swooning) through a book. Her books always end making me feel so happy. 

"Because you and I, Wren- we're bound to happen. Whether you want it or not, you have a piece of my heart, and I don't want it back."

I loved Foster. Sure, he had been burned in his divorce, but he wasn't letting that get to him. None of that really mattered to him anyway, he just wanted Wren. He wasn't ashamed about his feelings, and he didn't care who knew it. I especially liked the scenes where he brought his dates into the pizzeria and Wren was their waitress, every. single. time. He was hilarious, and he was so in love, she was literally the only person that couldn't see it. Did I just completely screw this up? Did I take it too far? Did I -No. Fuck that. I'm going after what's mine. He was just a guy, in love with a girl, and he didn't make it complicated. That is so refreshing to read sometimes. 

"Without another word, he's gone, rushing back inside like he didn't just flip my world on it's axis."

Wren, was absolutely hilarious. She was sassy, she told everyone exactly what she thought, and she did not care what anyone thought about her. She was a no holds back kind of girl, and I loved that. She was kind of dense when it came to Foster, not seeing what literally everyone around her was seeing, but I could see how that could happen. When you have been friends with someone for so long, it's hard to take off those glasses and picture them in a new light. It was absolutely hysterical to read her thoughts as she was finally realizing maybe there was a little more to Foster than what she thought, she was really in denial. 

I liked the chemistry between Wren and Foster. I especially liked that this was a slow burn type of romance book. That will they or won't they writing that draws you in and keeps you turning the pages. I like when I'm reading a book and I'm just like are these characters ever going to get it together and take care of that chemistry, it always makes it worth it when they finally do. 

Wrens twin brother, Winston was probably one of my favorite characters. He didn't do anything for anyone, didn't care what anybody thought, and just basically lived each day exactly how he wanted. His reaction when Foster told him his feelings for Wren was my favorite part of the book. There are so many books where the sibling gets mad, or their relationships and friendships change, and this wasn't one of those books, that was so refreshing. Can't help who your heart digs. Drew, Wren's best friend, was amazing. She had absolutely no filter, and she was hysterical. She and Wren were like the perfect match, and her hatred for Winston just added a whole new dimension to the story. I can't wait to see what comes next for her. 

"You don't have a piece of my heart anymore, Foster."
"No?"
"No. You have the whole damn thing."
"Good, because a slice of it was never going to be enough."

Overall, this one is for sure getting 5 STARS! It had everything you need in a book. Teagan knows how to make me feel good after reading a book. This one made me laugh, made me swoon, and made me laugh some more. This was an easy read, and I had a huge smile on my face when I finished the last page, it doesn't really get better than that. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dismount

Regretting You

What's Left of Me