Under A Different Sky




I received an ARC for this book from the author. I have been waiting for this one for what feels like FOREVER. Lindsey is the best. She has honestly been a really truly great friend to me. She has helped me with writing my own book, and she is so interactive with her crazy readers, she makes you feel more like a friend, and less like a crazy author stalker. 

"My life is a mess. I'm walking around with a black eye. My position on the hockey team is questionable at best, and if that's not bad enough, I think I'm falling for my dead girlfriend's best friend. Every day, it's a
 fight to feel alive, and yet, I drink to numb the pain. Everyone is standing back, watching me fall apart. Everyone except Hannah. No matter how many times I push, she's there to pull me back. She refuses to let me spiral any deeper. And after one kiss- she's impossible to ignore. Unfortunately, it seems she and I aren't the only thing being kept a secret."

This book was everything. Lindsey is so good at storytelling. She connects you with the characters so effortlessly. She knows how to pull you in, make you fall in love with these characters, rip your heart out, and then make you die as she slowly pieces you back together. Sometimes. 

Nick has lost his girlfriend, Mia. He also has lost himself. He has turned into someone he isn't and he isn't sure how to handle the pain. Hannah, was Mia's best friend, and she promised Mia she would look after him, but it seems like an impossible task. The more Hannah tries to help Nick, the more she likes him, and the closer they become. Now the two of them are stuck in a place where they feel guilty about their feelings, but they also don't want to miss this opportunity at love.


"What I can't put a finger on is why Hannah is so hell bent on pulling me from the darkness."


I loved Hannah. At first glance she seemed like she might be reserved and keep to herself, but she was actually the complete opposite. She wasn't afraid to tell people what she was thinking, and she was always up to defend not only herself, but her friends. She was fiercely loyal, especially to Mia. It literally broke my heart to feel the guilt she had for falling for her late best friends boyfriend. It was absolutely heartbreaking. Without giving too much away I will say I was not happy with Mia, I know she died, and she isn't there to defend herself, but I felt like she was selfish in something involving Hannah, when you read the book you will understand what I mean. 

"If you love him, even as complicated as you'll make it, you'll find a way to let him in."

My heart hurt for Nick. He was in such turmoil. He couldn't figure out how to move on, he couldn't figure out who he was without Mia, but once he finally was moving on, he felt this agonizing guilt. It was so heartbreaking. I wanted to reach through the book and give him a hug. I wanted everyone to understand how these two people could fall in love. "I loved Mia, but, fuck, I want Hannah."




"Hannah Barnes doesn't know it yet, but that girl owns me."


This love story was agonizing, it was heart breaking, but it was beautiful. I could see how these two fell in love, how could they not? It felt like torture to see these two people, who deserved to find happiness, just fall apart. The guilt they felt about what was happening between the two of them was awful. I desperately wanted them to just say to hell with everyone else and fall in love like they deserved. "We did something no one will ever understand. We may never recover from this."



"You happened out of nowhere, and I realized I can still feel the way I did. All was not lost when she died. The stars still shine up there, and the Earth still spins, and that's because of you. We're just under a different sky, Hannah."


This story is sticking with me. I am dying for book two, because the way this one ended was just unacceptable. I need to know these two are okay, and I need to see what happens next for them. They have a long road, they have a lot of people that won't understand what's happening between them, and they are going to have to figure out if they way they feel about each other is worth the fight. Lindsey is a master at the angst, and I can't wait to see what she comes up with. 

Overall, I'm obviously giving this one 5 STARS. This book was amazing. I fell in love with these characters, I'm invested in these characters, and I am in complete agony over the pain they are both going through. I'm desperately hoping they get that happily ever after that they both deserve.  


"A girl willing to break a promise to her best friend. 
A girl who did everything in her power to keep the one promise that didn't matter. 
Is it possible to mourn the lost love of someone you never truly had?"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dismount

The Lineup

Imperfect Match