Can't Text This

Surprise, Surprise..I like yet another Teagan Hunter book. The texting series has been out for a while, I'm late to the game, as usual, but I just adore these books. This one was book 3 in the series..you can find my reviews for the first two here on my blog. These books are so fun to read, they are a little bit steamy and very funny. I love the way Teagan writes. 



"Hi Monty. Wanna see my python?" That's how I ended up in the bathroom of some dive bar with a stranger. Me, Monty Andrews, the quintessential virgin girl next door. I was so out of my element, but there was no denying our explosive attraction, even via text. Commence operation Bang Each Other Out of Our Systems, because that was all it was- unfinished business. I had no intention of falling back into the sheets with the tattooed, muscly, dirty-in-the-best-kind-of-way single dad over and over again...but I did. Everything was going great- until we discovered I was his son's teacher."

"I know this was supposed to be light and fluffy and fun or whatever, but it's evolved. I want more than that. I want stability. I want real. I want you."

Monty was so great. She was such a bore, but I loved it. She wore clothes that made her look like a grandma, she was very safe in the choices she made, and she grew up very sheltered. To read her come out of her shell in the way that she did, without really changing anything about her personality was so refreshing. It always bugs me in books when the female lead is kind of a dork, and then the author has her change up her style and personality, it was nice to read something that kept the character true to herself, but that just allowed her to open up a bit more. I really enjoyed that, and it only made me like her more. 

Me: Is it possible to die from rolling your eyes so hard?
Python: You texted back, so apparently not

I thought Robbie was pretty perfect. He didn't think he was the type of guy to get serious with someone, but when he started feeling differently with Monty he wasn't even worried about it. He didn't do anything really stupid like some male leads do, and he just showered her with affection. It's always refreshing to read a Teagan book because I know the angst is going to be on the low side, and that makes the book a lot easier to read. I like to go into a book sometimes and know my anxiety doesn't need to be on high alert. Robbie may have looked like a typical book "bad boy" but he really wasn't. He loved his friends, he loved his son, and he eventually loved Monty too. He wasn't scared to be honest about his feelings. 

These two couldn't have been more different when it came to looks and personalities, but they were perfect together. Their banter, their chemistry, and their relationship made them just fit perfectly together. I was hooked from the first paragraph, and I couldn't wait to see how everything played out. 

Overall, I'm giving this one 5 STARS. I love Teagan's books. I love this series, and I can't wait to read more! Robbie and Monty were a great book couple, and their story was fantastic! If your looking for something that will be an easy read and put you in a great mood this series is definitely worth looking into! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Regretting You

Dismount

The Lineup