Tangle

I usually wait a few books between authors, even when I'm reading a series, I don't like to be burnt out. I read book one in the Dogwood Lane series just the other day, and I loved the story and the town so much I couldn't wait to dive back in. These are stand alone romances, but it's always better if you read the whole series so you can keep up with your favorite characters. 



"That cream filled, caramel-topped doughnut should have been hers. Still, Haley Raynor can't deny that the pastry thief with the dreamy blue eyes looks even more delicious. But moving in on a handsome devil like Trevor Kelly is bad news for a die-hard romantic like Haley. Trevor doesn't believe in love. She does. Giving in to a fling and Trevor's irresistible charms can't end well. Can it? What can it hurt to give it a shot? Girls always fall for Trevor, and in the end, he always ends up looking like a bad-boy cad. Still, spending some time with Haley and her smart-talking, kissable mouth sounds pretty perfect. Besides, he's only going to be in Dogwood Lane for one week. How much trouble could they possibly get into? The only answer? A "no falling in love" contract. All Trevor and Haley have to do is follow the rules and resist the attraction sizzling between them...before their hearts get completely tangled up in temptation."

"I don't think believing in one true love is being naive." She looks at me with a softness that feels like someone sent a rock through a slingshot and struck my chest. "I think believing you can go through life and not need love is naive."

I flipping love these characters. I love small town romance, it's so easy to just fall in love with the whole town, and the characters are always so charasmatic. If the writing is good it makes you feel like you have been dropped down amongst all these people and it just makes you feel so good. Adriana's writing is that good. She makes me want to pack up and move to Dogwood Lane. 

"She deserves to be happy in whatever way she wants to define that, and she should absolutely not accept anything less."

I loved Haley. In Tumble (book one in the Dogwood Lane series) she comes across as a lovesick girl, she falls in love easily, and gets her heart broken even easier. In Tangle she is trying to break that cycle. She has decided to give up on finding love for a while and instead trying to love herself. She is also hilarious. She finds herself in these hysterical situations, and I just enjoyed reading and finding out how she gets herself out of them. She was a fantastic leading lady! 

Trevor was the best. He had this bad boy vibe, but he wasn't really a bad boy. He was always honest with women with his feelings and how he didn't really believe in the whole "one true love" thing. He immediately knew Haley was different, but that confused him, because he wasn't used to a woman holding his interest for that long. He was relentless with her, which I found amusing, especially since he claimed to not be a one woman man. 

"We all know that basically means that if your girl wants the doughnut, then your girl gets the doughnut. Now that's true love."

Their love story was so freaking sweet. The chemistry buildup was fantastic, I couldn't wait for them to finally kiss. When they did finally take the plunge the fireworks were out of control! (That greenhouse scene though.) This book made me feel good. The last book I read was pretty heavy and this was so refreshing. I loved the characters, I loved the story, and I love Dogwood Lane. (Now Adriana, when are we gonna get that Penn book?)

Overall, I'm giving this one 5 STARS. I am definitely turning into a big fan of Adriana Locke. Her stories just pull me right in and make me feel like I'm a part of them. I can't wait to seek out some of her previous books and find something else to fall in love with until the next book in the Dogwood Lane series. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Regretting You

Dismount

The Lineup