Reign of Brayshaw (Brayshaw #3)

"Trust only those who earn it." A sentiment I follow without directions, but holds more consequence than ever before. One decision, five lives, three futures. This is what's at stake. One night, one choice, four broken Brayshaws. That is where we're headed. Unless I stop it. I have to stop it. I have to remind him of what he's chosen to forget. My town. My choice. My ending.



They want an obedient wife. They're getting a defiant queen. 

I received an ARC of this book from the author for my honest review. This is book 3 in the Brayshaw series, you must read books one and two before this one. Reign of Brayshaw releases on October 3rd! 

I'm still trying to process what just went down. I'm still trying to put my mind back together after Meagan successfully blew it. Not just once or twice, she blew my mind over and over again. I imagine it's hard to write a series, it's got to be difficult to make each book great, but better than the last. The last book in a series is especially hard because you have to make sure to answer every unanswered question your readers have had since book one, while also adding more content, but not too much that someone will get confused. Meagan has written this series masterfully. She has kept my attention since book one and it's never wavered. I've never been bored reading any of these books. 

The reviews for these books are always difficult to write, because you can't say too much without given something away. Trust me when I say, you don't want anyone to spoil any of these books for you. You need to go in blind, it's well worth it. Books one and two left you with so many unanswered questions, and it was incredibly frustrating. I can, without a doubt, assure you that every question you had will be answered before you finish this book. 

I reach for her flashlight, and she allows it, but says 
"Don't turn it on." 
"Why not?" 
"Because I don't feel like staring at your face while you lie to mine."

Maddoc and Raven still have the same intense relationship they have had since day one, book one. Neither of them have ever known what it means to really, truly, completely, love someone. They are discovering that they can't live without each other, and they will do whatever it takes to keep the other safe. The bond between the two of them is so rare, that's what made the things that happened in this book so heartbreaking. It's like you could feel their pain coming through the pages. Meagan is SO good at writing about pain and anguish, she made me feel like I was going through what they were going through, and it was devastating. 

"You've got it all wrong, baby. Loving you doesn't make me weak. It makes me unstoppable."

This book was just about Raven and Maddoc, all the other characters really shined through in this one. I really felt like you got to know some of the characters in a better light. I'm still dying inside thinking of the things they went through, and everything that happened. I still have a hard time grasping the fact that 80% of these characters are in high school, but it's something I can over look. I actually don't even think about it until they mention something about school. That really isn't a deal breaker for me. 

My favorite thing about these books is that it's not just another romance. Sure, it gets steamy, but that's not what the books are all about. There is mystery, jaw dropping moments, and most importantly I think what makes these books so amazing, is this incredible bond between Raven and the boys. That is the piece that puts the whole story together for me. 

Only she's not mine anymore, or at least that's what we have to pretend, even now when it's nothing but the air in her lungs filling mine. 

When I say your not ready for what your about to read, I'm not lying. I wasn't ready. I was reading with my mouth hanging open about 90% of the time. I don't feel like I saw any of that coming, but absolutely everything made sense to me after I was finished. If you loved book one and book two your going to flip out over this one, and if you haven't read them yet, what are you even waiting for?

This is a no brainier to me, all 3 Brayshaw books were 5 STAR reads for me, and this was no exception. Reign of Brayshaw was by far my FAVORITE in the series. Meagan really out did herself with this one, and I am still blown away at her ability to keep you interested in a series, and never getting burnt out. 

By the way, Cap and Royce will be getting their own books, which I am dying to read! I can't wait to see what Meagan has in store for us next. 

The broody rich boy was never supposed to fall for the project problem child anyway, and the problem child never should have allowed herself to believe her world could be more than settling and survival. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Regretting You

Dismount

The Lineup