Waiting For The Sun

"Love is ruthless. Hold tight even when it feels like a knockdown, drag out fight."

I'm unapologetically in love with Nick Kovac. He can claim to hate me and blame me for everything. I'll fight for us both. He severs the promise he made, leaving me on the hockey rink floor, heartbroken and alone. It doesn't take me long to stand with my head held high, while he's being a coward. Stuck between push and pull, everything we are is in question. Sometimes the answers are in the stars. Others, it's where the sun shines that our lives change.

If you have been reading my reviews since I started then you know I'm a huge Lindsey Iler fan. I would actually consider her a friend. She's the one that gave me the extra push to start a blog, she's the one that gave me the extra push to actually start writing my own book, and she has helped me so much with everything since I started. With all that being said, I would tell her if I didn't like something that she's written, but it's never been the case. I actually messaged Lindsey while reading Waiting For The Sun to tell her that I think that is her best writing yet. I've been reading her since the beginning, and she gets better every time, but the way this was written was just so beautiful, she has really grown as an author. She should definitely feel proud of herself, because this book was amazing. 

I received an ARC of this book from the author for my honest review. This is book 2 in a duet, and you must read book 1, Under A Different Sky, before starting this one. 

Even when she ignites a fury inside me, she's the only one who can cool me down. 

I think I loved Hannah more in this book than I did in book 1. That's saying a lot, because I thought she was a well written character in the first book, but she was even better in this one. Hannah was not perfect, but that's what made me love her even more. She had been put through the wringer, and things didn't get much better for her in this book. She shouldered all the pain, but she didn't drown in it. Even when she felt like she was dying inside she still did everything she could to make sure everyone else was taken care of. She never hesitated to put her feelings aside for everyone else, and she truly was a selfless person. She was so well written, that I felt like I was right there with her feeling everything she was going through. Sometimes when you read a book, and the hero is doing something stupid you are almost angry with the heroine for not moving on, that's not the case in this story, sure Nick did and said some awful things, but the was she handled everything was real. 

I loved Nick in the first book. He had been through so much pain, and he was confused with his feelings and wasn't sure what the right choices were to make. I was so angry at him in this book, but I still loved him. I just couldn't imagine a high school boy going through the things he went through, and still coming out strong on the other side. Sure, I was mad at some of the things he said and did, but I understood him. These were just two lost and confused kids that weren't sure how to handle the things that were being thrown at them. 

"I'm not capable of giving up on Nick Kovac." I shrug.
"It's just that simple for you, even after everything?"
"It's always been that simple between us," I whisper. 
"He crashes, and I fall to my knees at his side."

While the chemistry between these two was still hot, actually probably hotter than the first book, that's not what this story was about. I felt like this was about two people finding themselves, and then finding out if they needed to find themselves in each other. This was about two people who had to grow before they could even think about getting lost in each other. This story was full of loss, heartbreak, and love and figuring out how you could come out whole on the other side of it all. 

"You've always deserved the sun. I'm sorry I didn't give it to you sooner."

I don't feel like this review gives this book justice, just take my advice and read it. Read everything by Lindsey, she really does have a talent that just gets better with every book she writes. 

Overall, this one is a no brainier for me. I knew it was going to be a 5 STAR read for me as soon as I started reading. Lindsey is a master at writing emotions in this book that feel so real, she hooked me with her words, and I was invested in this story. I can't wait to see what she does next, because I know it's going to be fantastic. 

That's where lies the problem. Everything about Hannah and me is the same. She's still her. I'm still me. We just aren't us anymore.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Regretting You

Dismount

The Lineup