Monster

Monster is a novella written by KD Elizabeth. It's 31k words and can be read pretty quickly, but will also leave you satisfied. This is my first book from KD, and I really enjoyed it! She sent me an ARC of the book in return for my honest review. 

I've wanted to screw Rory Larson for twenty-seven years. Okay, fine, I've really wanted to screw her for only seventeen, since I was five and she dumped an entire container of multicolored glitter over my head. It may have taken only a couple hours for my mom to scrub the glitter out of my hair, but I needed until college to finally get my first taste of Rory. Then things went horribly wrong- and by horribly wrong, I mean she left me in my dorm, naked, wondering what the hell just happened. Fast forward a decade, and Rory still hates me. Loathes me, actually. Sure, she'll inevitably say I did something horrible, something irredeemable, that night all those years ago, but that's just flat-out wrong. I'm completely blameless in the situation. At least, I'm pretty sure I am, anyway. I deserve an explanation. So I'm enacting my evil plan. By the time the week is out, I'm finally going to put an end to this unbearable twenty-seven-year itch. Everything will be fine once she she finally hears me out. Right? 

It's actually been a long time since I read a book that was only told from one persons point of view. While I usually like to know what's going on in the other characters head, I wasn't disappointed about it in this book, and it didn't detour me from enjoying the book. 

Jackson is relentless in his perusal of Rory. It was actually comical how bad he had it for her. He had no shame, and it was like everyone in their dang town knew, except for her. I think at first he thought it was just an itch he needed to scratch, but it didn't take him long to realize it was much more than that. 

I actually enjoyed Rory, even though I didn't get the chance to hear her thoughts, she made herself known loud and clear through Jackson's point of view. She was so sassy, and was not putting up with any crap from anyone. There isn't anything better than a lead female role that knows how to take care of herself. 

I liked that, even though this was a novella, you still finished feeling satisfied. KD still managed to give you a story with mystery, heat, and humor. And then tied it up with a nice little bow to finish it off. I wasn't left with any unanswered questions, the only thing I was left with was a want to know more about the other brothers. 

Overall, I'm giving this one 4 STARS. This was a great read. It was quick, but didn't leave you hanging. It also had all the things needed for a feel good romance book. Definitely well worth the read. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Regretting You

Dismount

The Lineup