Dying for Rain

I was never meant to get the girl. To have the happily ever after. That's not how my world works, and this shit right here is proof. 


What could be worse than knowing the exact day the world is going to end?

Waking up to find out that it didn’t.


The post-April 23 world is a lawless, senseless, ruthless place, but it’s not loveless. At least, not for Rain and Wes.

But when the government begins holding daily televised executions as a demonstration of their power, that love is put to the ultimate test:

Sacrifice one life to save the others?

Or sacrifice the others to save the one?
 

I will refrain from gushing about my love of all things BB Easton in this review, unlike the last two reviews from this series. If you read my reviews, by now, you surely know I'm a fan girl.

I was given a copy of Dying for Rain early for my honest review! Dying for Rain releases everywhere on January 30th. If you haven't read any of the trilogy yet, you can binge read on the 30th, and trust me, your missing out if you don't!  If your thinking post-apocalyptic romance isn't your thing, your wrong, it is your thing. 

Did I mention BB's first series of books 44 Chapters About 4 Men, is going to be a Netflix series? Well it is, because she's a bad ass and her writing is awesome, and hilarious, and steamy. So go read those books too, trust me you will thank me later. 

Dying for Rain was the PERFECT conclusion for this trilogy. It had everything the first two books had, and the ending was everything it should be. This was my favorite of the three, because we finally got to see Rain be a bad ass. She was so awesome in this book. She stood up for herself, she took charge, and she went to battle for the people she loved. This was by far my favorite version of Rain. In the first two books you could see little bits of this Rain coming through, but she wasn't quite there yet. 

I also liked that while you got to see Rain be the bad ass I always knew she could be, you got to see a more vulnerable side to Wes. Don't get me wrong he was still this sexy, brooding, bad boy edge to him, but he was different in this book- possibly the threat of impending death brought out this side of him? 

Wes presses his lips to the top of my head as my lungs finally run out of air, and it breaks me all the way. 

Because I know this kiss. 

I know all of his kisses. Wes is trying to comfort me.

But who's going to comfort him?

I thought I hated Q in book two, but she was a saint compared to the Renshaw's. Man, what a bunch of jerks. I've never hated some characters in a book like I did those people. They were just awful. I guess you could make the argument that they were acting the way they were because they thought it was the end of the world, but I don't buy it. I think Agnes Renshaw had always been a horrible person. And don't even get me started on Carter. 

All of the side characters in the book, even the ones that just made short appearances were fantastic. The whole book, heck the whole series, was written so fantastically. I say this every time, and I'll say again, BB has a way with words. She can describe a scene, or a person so well that it feels like you have been dropped down in the book and your seeing it for yourself. I love that about her books. Her attention to detail really make a book come alive. 

Overall, I'm giving this one 5 STARS. The whole trilogy gets 5 STARS. BB gets 5 STARS for being an amazing human, and such a bad ass. Don't sleep on these books guys, even if you think it's not your cup of tea, I still think you will love them. 

Do I sacrifice one life to save the others? Or sacrifice the others to save one? 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Regretting You

Dismount

The Lineup