Dirty Little Blackmailer

"You want to know how much arrogance it takes to want somethings o badly you can taste it?


Ex-sex is the best kind of dirty, wicked fun.
The plan started out simple.
Break into Town Hall, steal the blueprints meant to demolish my family's business and make the lousy, cold-hearted billionaire ex of mine pay for his rotten attempt at bulldozing our sweet small town.
It almost worked, too.
Then I blackmailed him and that is where all the fun began.
It's complicated. Ex-sex usually is, though. But if I play my hand just right, I might lose my body and my heart to a second chance at having the hard, tattooed and muscled billionaire as mine.

This was my first read by Penelope. I've been following her on Instagram for some time now, and it always seems like I have so many ARC's to read, I can never just read for fun. I finally got the opportunity to read this one, it's been on my Kindle for some time now. 

If you know me, and you've been following my reviews, you know I usually don't love a book that's packed full of sex. I knew Penelope's books were dirty and sexy and I was worried that they wouldn't be for me. I was pleasantly surprised, because I actually really enjoyed the story, and I didn't mind the sexy scenes at all. 

The characters were great. I loved Genevieve. She was such a spitfire. I loved how she was sassy, smart, and wasn't going to take any shit from Whiskey. She immediately put him in his place, and she wasn't afraid to do so. She was also hilarious. The thing I found most surprising about the book was how many times I caught myself laughing out loud. A lot of times when you read a book that's more on the steamy side you don't get that humor with it, but this one seemed to have a little bit of everything. 

Whiskey was fantastic. A well written male lead. He was brooding, handsome, and you could tell how much he loved Genevieve. He let her black mail him, and I actually don't think he minded at all, he was just happy to have her back in his life. 

I loved the small town vibe, some of my favorite books are centered around small town living. I just find it so relateable, and books like that always have the best supporting characters. It's always so charming, and easy to fall in love with everyone. 

"You're my forever. You've had my heart all this time and I never want it back, my dirty little blackmailer."

Overall, I'm giving this one 4 STARS. The ONLY thing keeping it from 5 stars for me is that I wanted more! I know, I know it was supposed to be a quick read, but I loved the story and the characters, and I just wanted to keep reading. I wish it was a full length novel. Kudos Penelope, I'll be picking something else up from you again soon! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Regretting You

Dismount

The Lineup