Glass Heart Savage (Glass Heart Academy)

"You have glass hearts. All four of you. It's just a matter of time before someone comes along and exposes the cracks." 


𝘏𝘈𝘝𝘖𝘊. 𝘋𝘌𝘊𝘌𝘐𝘛. 𝘗𝘙𝘐𝘝𝘐𝘓𝘌𝘎𝘌.
The elite come to play on the campus of Glass Heart Academy.

𝐏𝐚𝐥𝐦𝐞𝐫
My sister was their everything. I’m their nothing.
They waited three hundred and sixty-five days after her disappearance to acknowledge I’m alive.
Their wicked games should scare me.
Except they don’t know I’m not much different than her.

𝐌𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐤
Palmer Weston isn’t anything like her sister.
She’s sweet and naive. There are plenty of reasons why I should keep my distance.
Except where’s the fun in that.
I’m a boy who loves his toys and I’ve kept her on the shelf long enough.
It seems someone is determined on giving Palmer the same fate as her sister.
Problem is I’ve never been good at sharing.

{Glass Heart Savage is the first book in the Glass Heart Academy Series.}

I received an ARC of this book, from the author, for my honest review. Glass Heart Savage releases on April 6th 2020! 

I LOVE Lindsey Iler. I'm trying not to sound like too much of a fan girl, but it's hard. She has helped me so much, when it comes to writing my own book, making my cover, and just always being there for me if I have a silly question. Also, she writes exceptionally well, and she gets better with every book she releases.  

This book was completely different than anything Lindsey has written so far. I wasn't sure what to expect when I was diving in. I knew it was a darker romance, and I generally like those. I actually messaged Lindsey while I was reading to tell her I didn't even know she could write like that. 

Marek is no knight in shining armor. If he's out in these woods, it's not to save me. He's here to ruin me. 

Marek was one of those anti heroes. You hate him, but you love him just as much. Most of his actions and decisions were questionable, and I found myself more often than not, wanting to strangle him. I also think he was a bit misunderstood. I liked how Palmer entered his life, and even if at first she was just a game to him, she still shook his world up. By the end of the book his character had so much growth that I found myself rooting for him. 

"Don't start something you can't finish, Palmer Weston. A boy like me will shatter every part of your heart." 

Palmer was a force to be reckoned with. She didn't take anyone's crap, and despite everything she had been through, she still managed to come out stronger. Her one and only weakness was Marek. She couldn't understand why she felt this pull towards him, even after everything he had put her through. My favorite thing about her was that she made him work for everything, even though she had trouble staying away from him she didn't make it easy for him. 

The other characters in the book were essential to the story. The "glass heart boys" are all anti heroes in their own way, and I can't wait to see what happens as this series goes on. They will most definitely be boys you love to hate. 

"My loss turned me into a monster. Yours carried you into the arms of one."

I think Lindsey was meant to write dark romance. She did an excellent job of making you question your morals because you loved these guys even after everything they had done. The steamy scenes were HOT. HOT. HOT. I hope she continues to write books like this, because even though I love her romance books, there was just something about how well this one was written. 

Overall, I'm giving this one 5 STARS. I loved Lindsey's first book in the dark romance world, and I can't wait to see where else this series goes. This book had everything you could ask for in a good book. There was mystery, suspense, some really hot steamy scenes, and characters that you hate so much you actually end up loving them.

"I didn't break, Marek. I survived."  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Regretting You

Dismount

The Lineup