Inevitable

"You've got fire in your veins and passion in your heart. Those vapid, trust-fund kids will never be able to hold a candle to you. You're different." 


The job was clear: Get in, get what I need, and get out.
It should’ve been easy.
It could’ve been effortless.
I wasn’t supposed to fall in love with the enemy’s daughter.
Long raven hair and dark mischievous eyes drew me in. Her feisty attitude and caring heart kept me there. Her pain called out to mine and out souls entwined. Now I’m in so deep, I don’t know which way is up.
If my father finds out, we’ll be next on his list.
I’ll do anything in my power to protect her, but how can I keep her safe when I’m the one I need to keep her safe from?
Eva doesn’t know it yet, but she’s playing the part of Juliet in this twisted tragedy.
And our final act is inevitable.


I received an ARC of Inevitable from the author for my honest review. Inevitable releases every where on April 6th. 

Inevitable gave me major Collision vibes, but it also had a dash of humor in it like Hating the Boss and Back To You. <-- If you haven't read those books by Kristen Granata then what are you waiting for? Kristen is amazing. I have yet to read something from her that I didn't like. Not only is she a fantastic author, she's also a beautiful human being. I follow her on Instagram, and that's how I found her. 

Eva was such a fantastic character. She had so much sass, and she was definitely no damsel in distress. She fought for her independence, and even though she had been through some things that were traumatic, she came out on the other side stronger than ever. I liked how even after everything with Graham was out in the open she didn't forgive and forget. She stood her ground, and took care of herself above anything else. She was passionate about things, and I loved that about her. 

Graham was a strong and silent type. He wanted to be out from under his father's thumb, but he cared so much about his sister and her daughter that was willing to sacrifice his own life to make sure they were taken care of. When he realized he was falling for Eva, he was loyal to her just like he was his sister and niece. This was a man that was literally willing to do anything and everything to protect the people he loved. You can't get more swoon worthy than that. 

How can someone love me so much, yet hurt me so badly?

I LOVED that this book was so much more than a romance. You had your swoon worthy moments, you had your steamy scenes, but you also had a mystery unfolding, and it was also packed full of action. There is nothing I love more than a book that can make you laugh, make you feel like you have hearts in your eyes, and also keep you on the edge of your seat. 

Overall, this is a no brainier, Inevitable is getting 5 STARS from me. Kristen has proved that she can pretty much write anything and it will capture me from the beginning and keep me intrigued. Honestly, this one had a little bit of everything, and you can't really get much better than that. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Regretting You

Dismount

The Lineup