Revived

I'm the one that stands to be hurt here, I know that. But I also know that you're worth it. 



I received an ARC of this book for my honest review. 

Revived is the fourth book in the Emerson Falls series by Harlow James, and I swear Harlow's books get better and better. I was so into this story I found myself bothering her so much on Instagram just to tell her how it was making me feel. 

Let me start this by saying that Luke is my favorite. I say this in every single book, but I mean it this time. He had been through some pretty traumatic stuff, but he really stepped up. He was a fantastic father, and he worked so hard to make sure Grayson had everything he needed. He was guarded, but that was understandable given what he had been through. The guilt he had was eating him alive, and I tried to put myself in his shoes and I think I would have felt the same way he did. 

"I'm the one that stands to be hurt here, I know that. But I also know that you're worth it." 

Rachel was, hands down, one of the strongest female leads I've read in a while. She loved this man, even though there was a chance he could never love her back. She took on this task of caring for this little boy, even though she risked her heart being broken in the process. She was truly a selfless person, and she would do anything for anyone that needed her. She was one of those rare people that you find in life that truly has a giving soul. 

Also, I have to make note of how much I loved Grayson. He just added so much to the story. 

But hope is a fickle thing. You can believe in it and hold on to it with all your heart. But you have no control over someone else's actions, which can devastate that hope in the blink of an eye. 

This book was so emotional. I cried several times, and my heart just hurt for the two of them. They had a long road to get to their happily ever after, and sometimes it felt like it just wasn't going to be possible. I can't imagine going through what Luke went through, and I can't imagine being Rachel and trying to help this man learn to love again. It just really pulled at my heart. 

Overall, this is a 5 STAR read for me. I love Harlow. I love her stories. I love Emerson Falls. I can't wait to see what happens next, and I can't wait to keep reading her books. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Regretting You

Dismount

The Lineup