Violent Triumphs (White Monarch #3)

"I wouldn't be allowed in Heaven, but I swear on all that's holy- I'd rattle the gates until they let me have you."


I've become a queen to the forsaken, a leader to the thieves, and the wife of a man who instills fear in all who cross his path. He was the husband I didn't want. Now, I can't fathom life without my king. I should've been ready for anything. Like the caterpillar that feeds on poison during metamorphosis, I was raised in the dangerous world of cartel crime. But nothing could've prepared me for Cristiano de la Rosa, his brother's poison, or the Calavera cartel. This is still a story about a love strong enough to topple households, unite enemies, and divide brothers. Resilient enough to bring down those who would try to destroy it...and selfless enough to make the ultimate sacrifice. But I was warned, and so were you. Death's day always comes. This time, it will find what was once a caterpillar is now a butterfly-and hell hath no fury like the White Monarch. 

This is book #3 in the White Monarch series. The third and final book. You can find my review for books 1 & 2, here on my blog. 



I received an ARC of this book from the author for my honest review. 

These books are addictive. They are SO good, and if you haven't started them yet, now is the perfect time because the series is finished and you won't have to wait on pins and needles for the next book to come out like I did. 

I always find the reviews for books in a series to be the hardest to write. I don't want to give too much away, but I also want you to want to pick these books up and read them. 

I loved this book the best out of the three. Natalia is like a completely different person than she was in book one. She was once this meek, foolish, girl. She believed anything her father and Diego told her and trusted no one else. As she's been with Cristiano she has learned to trust no one, not even herself, and she's also learned how to fight back, how to protect herself. She was such an awesome female lead. I love when the heroine of the story fights back, she doesn't wait on a man to save her, she knows how to take care of the situation and get herself out of it. Natalia wanted nothing more than to learn how to take care of herself, and I really like that Cristiano wasn't afraid to teach her how to do that. I also understand why she was so hesitant to let people in, she had been deceived so many times  in her life, she had been let down by so many people, it was understandable why she kept everyone at arms length. She didn't feel like she could trust her own judgement. 

"It had been Cristiano's dying wish to hear my scream. And the heavens had granted him that."

If you have been reading my reviews for a while, then you know I love a good anti hero. I like the guy that seems like he's a real jerk, but turns out that isn't really the case. Sure they make mistakes, and sure most of the time they don't know how to say the right things at the right time, but I think that's what makes them more appealing to me. They just seem real. Cristiano was definitely an anti-hero. Some might have called him a villain, I just called him misunderstood. He let people think and feel a certain way about him, and he didn't care if they didn't know him at all. There was no one and nothing in the world he loved more than Natalia. He went through so much just to prove this to her, and even though it was so frustrating to watch her deny him day in and day out, I think it was worth it in the end. 

Listen, every time I review one of the books in this series I talk about how frustratingly slow the slow burn is in this romance. This one was no different. I was reading this book thinking how long can Jessica torture us, really? The answer is, she can torture you however long she wants to, and she will. What a painful, painful slow burn. Don't give up, because holy smokes is the wait worth it. This book was on fire with all the heat. 

There was more than one way to make the world a better place. Good didn't always prevail. Sometimes, monsters had to take the reins. 

This book is so much more than romance. It has suspense and mystery. While your dying for the characters to get their crap together, your also on the edge of your seat wondering what is going to happen next. This is some really excellent writing. This series has definitely made it's way into one of my top all time favorite lists. These books are so interesting, so suspenseful, and so agonizing. 

For the record. Remember what I said in the last review? I didn't like Diego, I didn't trust him. My feelings haven't changed. You'll see. 

At the end of the book, I was cursing Jessica. I was crying. I was thinking to myself this cannot be how a person ends a book. Everything you think you know is wrong. She really threw me for a loop and played with my emotions. What a roller coaster ride. 

Overall, this is a 5 STAR read for me. The whole series was 5 STARS for me. I will highly recommend these books to everyone. Jessica had some amazing writing in these books. She knew exactly how to draw the reader in and hook them from the start. She made you suffer, she made you swoon, and she kept you on the edge of your seat. This was the perfect ending to an already pretty perfect series. 

"I'm not going anywhere without you, and I don't want to. I would rather burn by your side now than spend an eternity in Heaven alone."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Regretting You

Dismount

The Lineup